New Job Labourer 2, Beat Person In British Columbia
|Labourer 2, Beat Person|
Labourer 2, Beat Person
Company : City of New Westminster
Salary : $29.73 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Labourer 2, Beat Person
New Westminster, British Columbia
Number of Openings: 2
Hours per Week: 40 hours per week.
Employee Group: CUPE, Local 387
Location: Engineering Operations Division: 901 First St
Competition #: 290
We are looking for two individuals who are skilled and experienced in maintenance work, and enjoy working outdoors in a customer service oriented environment. You will work both independently and as part of a team to perform various maintenance tasks involving the care and upkeep of City sidewalks and public open spaces; operate various power equipment and tools; and complete and maintain basic GIS and hard copy records. You will be responsible for general maintenance including sweeping or leaf blowing sidewalks, gutters and traffic islands; litter picking; garbage removal; removal of advertising from telephone poles, lamp standards, and boulevards; removal of weeds from tree wells, traffic islands, and curblines; keeping catch basins clear of debris; snow and ice removal; and reporting of hazards or damage to City property.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Completion of Grade 12 and experience related to the work preferably as a Labourer I in the applicable branch or department.
- You must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- You have considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in performing the duties of this position.
- You have skills in the use of a variety of common hand or power tools used in construction and maintenance work.
- You have the ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled manual tasks and carry out instructions received in oral or written form.
- You have the physical aptitude to perform manual labour and to work in all weather conditions.
- You have the knowledge of and ability to follow safety regulations required in the work.
- You have the ability to effectively perform tasks with minimal supervision. You have the ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled manual tasks and carry out instructions received in oral or written form including using mobile devices.
- You have the ability to maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to provide exceptional customer service and deal courteously with the public.
- You must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
This opportunity is open to City of New Westminster employees only.
Apply online with your resume and cover letter in one document.
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land.
We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.