New Job Isl 27R - Team Lead In British Columbia
|ISL 27R - Team Lead|
ISL 27R - Team Lead
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $80,652–$91,993 a year
Location : British Columbia
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 CA
Hope, BC V0X 1L0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
A dynamic role for a skilled analyst with excellent research and communication skills
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we strive to ensure all employees contribute in meaningful ways, bring their full self to work and celebrate their differences.
The Information Services Division (ISD) are technology leaders, planning and delivering successful solutions with information management and information technology (IM/IT) services to both the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction and the Ministry of Children and Family.
Team Lead is a people leader responsible for ensuring the health of the team and ticket management system(s) while delivering service excellence to clients in the Social Sector (comprised of the Ministries of Children and Family Development, Social Development and Poverty Reduction as well as external Service Providers, boards and agencies). The position will provide business analysis/consulting services, plan ongoing business and technology needs consistent with government and ministry strategic plans, system standards, and interfacing requires.
As a member of the team you will provides advice to senior staff, lead multiple projects, and provide supervision and guidance to Data Stewards or Security Access Analysts in the provisioning of access and to remediate data and application problems, in a virtual and in person environment. To manage resolution of problems to minimize user impact (downtime and costs) related to Information Technology problems and to draft communication for IT service impacts and changes to all users.
- Degree, or equivalent in the computer science or related field, and a minimum of two (2) years’ *related experience; OR
- Diploma or equivalent in the computer science or related field, and a minimum of four (4) years’ *related experience; OR
- Certificate or equivalent in the computer science or related field, and a minimum of five (5) years’ *related experience; OR A combination of *related education and *related experience may be considered. *Related education may include IIBA, ITIL and/or PMI coursework.
- Related experience must include:
- Experience providing quality customer service to staff or the public.
- Experience in the supervision of staff including developing and evaluating employee performance, coaching, team building and mentoring.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with other leaders and leading organizational change.
- Experience analyzing and improving operational processes.
- Experience providing business analysis on high-risk projects. Experience with the allocation of resources.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following
- Three (3) years or more experience in the supervision of staff including developing and evaluating employee performance, coaching, team building and mentoring.
- Three (3) years or more experience establishing collaborative relationships with other leaders and leading organizational change.
- Experience leading and supervising a team of ten (10) or more staff.
- Experience working in the social sector. Two (2) or more year experience leading and resolving complex staff and/or client issues.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
About this Position:
Currently, there are two permanent opportunities available.
Remote work is allowed, this position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia subject to an approved telework agreement. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES - You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.