New Job Heavy Duty Mechanic In Manitoba
|Heavy Duty Mechanic|
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Company : West-Can Seal Coating
Salary : From $41.75 an hour
Location : Manitoba
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or Interprovincial Red Seal for On Road
- Field (May-October) & Shop based in Didsbury, AB (October-April)
- Project locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba
- CVIP required
West-Can Seal Coating Inc. (WCS) is a privately owned highway maintenance company specializing in pavement preservation and roadway construction across Western Canada for almost 40 years completing contracts across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba for both public and private sectors.
As one of the largest pavement preservation companies in Western Canada, WCS operates offices located in Didsbury and Bruderheim (Alberta) and Brandon (Manitoba). These divisions provide services in asphalt milling, pulverizing, grading, various pavement preservation services along with liquid asphalt manufacturing. For more information on the company, please visit www.west-cansealcoating.com
WCS is always looking for good people. Whether you’re a veteran to the industry or just starting your career, your contributions will be valued and your hard work will be rewarded. As our workforce continues to build Western Canada’s infrastructure, WCS strives to provide our employees with a first-class working experience, including:
- A strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Competitive wages, benefits, RRSP’s, tool allowance, and safety bonuses
- Ongoing career development
Our peak season is late May through early October and project locations are anywhere between Alberta and Manitoba. This position will support our team in both the shop and in the field, with the responsibility of effectively performing maintenance and service on our fleet of equipment and vehicles. The expectation is to work remotely on the road during our peak season; extended hours of work and overtime will be required. During the off season (October to May), this position will be located in Didsbury, Alberta. The successful candidate shall be physically fit and a hardworking team player who recognizes the value of work place safety.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Inspect and maintain equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain equipment as required by equipment manufacturer and company safety program.
- Keep record of and track all repairs and parts invoicing.
- Prioritize repair and maintenance requirements.
- Assist in safe operation of equipment.
- Lock out and tag out defective equipment and inspect equipment for safe operation.
- Report to site supervisor, owner/management.
- Maintain shop tools and report any missing or damaged.
- Maintain own tools.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- You will be required to work through various weather elements.
- You will be required to work long hours away from home during peak season (May to October).
- You will be required to lift 70 pounds.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience.
- Valid Red Seal journeyman heavy duty mechanic certification required.
- CVIP required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Class 5 driver’s license; Class 1 or 3Q preferred.
- Able to provide a 5-year commercial drivers abstract with fewer than 6 demerit points and be insurable.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants are required to successfully meet all post-offer and pre-employment fit for duty requirements, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $41.75 per hour
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work during "peak season" (May-early October)?
- Do you at minimum have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence? Class 1 or 3 is an asset.
- Are you located near Didsbury, AB or planning to move to the greater Calgary area?
- industry: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent English (required)
- Heavy Duty Mechanic license/certification (required)
- CVIP certification (preferred)
Work Location: On the road