New Job Governance Analyst In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $28.12–$35.24 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Employees Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness leads the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA is pursuing a new governance and operating structure as a not-for-profit corporation at arm's length from the Government of Saskatchewan. It is anticipated this transition will be complete by 2024. You can find more information about this change on the PEBA website.
The Policy and Governance branch strives to be the Centre of Excellence within PEBA. The Branch is responsible for providing information to PEBA staff about pension industry changes or trends and is a trusted source of advice and insight for policy issues, governance procedures and legislative/regulatory processes and requirements.
The Policy and Governance branch is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for policy development to join the team as a Governance Analyst.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Governance and Legislation, the Governance Analyst will be responsible for:
- Acting as a central point of contact for branches within PEBA by compiling, coordinating, analyzing and reviewing a wide array of correspondence, including quarterly reports, and developing briefing notes;
- Conducting independent research and analysis to develop and implement governance policies and reporting documents for the pension and benefit boards;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring the procedures that operationalize pension and benefit board policies;
- Communicating, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of clients and stakeholders in a manner appropriate for the audience;
- Reporting to pension and benefit boards regarding ongoing governance processes and outcomes;
- Participating in and coordinating pension board meetings including distributing agendas; recording minutes; and, tracking action items to ensure timelines are met; and
- Preparing and supporting educational development on a monthly basis for board members.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with governance development/analysis to provide recommendations to senior managers and pension and benefit boards;
- Knowledge of governance principles, risk management processes and strategic planning;
- Written and verbal communication skills to report and present information concisely and accurately to advise, inform, and influence a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience referencing, interpreting and/or amending legislation, regulations and policy;
- The ability to plan and organize multiple, complex tasks and projects taking into consideration conflicting and changing priorities to meet strict and/or changing deadlines.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve this position is obtained through a combination of:
- completion of post-secondary education in administration, public policy, or economics; or
- a combination of other education and experience;
Experience with and application of governance processes would be considered an asset.
What We Offer
PEBA offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- flexible work arrangements; and
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.