New Job Geospatial Technician - On-Call In Alberta
|Geospatial Technician - On-Call|
Geospatial Technician - On-Call
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $33.33–$44.60 an hour
Location : Alberta
As the Geospatial Technician, you will create and maintain corporate geospatial data that is required by various City of Calgary business units and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) consultants, utility companies, and Calgary Regional Partners. In this role, you will use MicroSurvey, Oracle Structured Query Language (SQL), ArcGIS, Public One Stop Service Experience (POSSE), Feature Manipulation Engine (FME), and various other data technologies for the creation of property and building records, cartography, record keeping, and other spatial data creation and maintenance functions. Primary duties include:
- Create and maintain data sets, standard drawings, presentations, and maps using CAD, AutoCAD, MicroSurvey and/or Oracle link database, or other software on behalf of client requests.
- Prepare, develop, and check maps and drawings.
- Assist with quality assurance processes and data input into Survey Central and Control Monuments Application (CMA).
- Assist with job setup and closing of Replicon projects.
- Complete quality assurance according to etiquette procedures and Oracle environment guidelines.
- Maintain file management systems; track projects and service time using time management software.
- A completed 2-year diploma in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, Geomatics Engineering Technology, Applied GIS, or a related discipline.
- Working knowledge with ESRI ArcGIS, along with basic experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroSurvey.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Knowledge in Oracle database including writing SQL statements in SQL Plus or Benthic will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge with legal survey, disposition, and site plan drafting is also an asset.
- Strong organizational skills to accomplish client and business unit goals and objectives are essential, along with the ability to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.