New Job Finance And Administration Officer In Yukon
|Finance and Administration Officer|
Finance and Administration Officer
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $66,522–$76,947 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a permanent full-time position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of our clients.
The Forest Management Branch is responsible for management of Yukon's forest resources and is committed to responsible and sustainable development. The Finance and Admin Officer holds an important position within the Forest Management Branch team. This role integrates financial management, contract management, administration, client service, and office organization to effectively support operations and accomplish branch objectives. Key responsibilities include tracking, managing, analyzing, and reporting budgets to provide guidance to project teams and management for budgeting and decision-making processes.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding client service, interpersonal, and communication skills. The ideal candidate should be dedicated to providing support to a skilled team and achieving the branch's goals.
For more information about this position, please contact: Michelle Sicotte, Director, Forest Management Branch at [email protected].
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Visit our website on how to write your resume when applying on Yukon government jobs. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. A cover letter is not required.
- Post-secondary coursework in accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience performing a broad range of financial functions such as preparing financial reports, accounts payable and receivable functions and reconciliations
- Experience in applying and/or administering resource and/or financial legislation, preferably in a government setting
- Experience providing administrative support including the creation and maintenance of contracts, database management and inventory
- Experience with effectively communicating complex financial information
- Experience with various MS office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Experience using Yukon Government computerized financial systems (i.e. FMIS, Quest and Front End) would be considered an asset
Candidates who have post-secondary education combined with experience in the above-mentioned demonstrated abilities may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability:
The ideal candidate should have, and may be assessed on their:
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- good writing and organizational skills;
- solid understanding of office and financial procedures;
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a results driven environment; and
- attention to detail with a proactive approach.