New Job Executive Assistant In Ontario
Company : Public Health Ontario
Salary : $60,000–$90,000 a year
Location : Ontario
Location: Toronto-661 University
Department: Employee, Strategy and Stakeholder Relations &RIK
The Executive Assistant role is to provide confidential senior administrative support to members of the Senior Executive Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing administrative matters for the department leadership and the Office and triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature with other department managers ensuring effective and efficient communication between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiate, lead and support the flow of information, documents, and activities for the assigned executives; identifies, prioritizes and ensures urgent matters with potential impact on the Department/PHO are brought to the attention of the appropriate executive or dealt with on own on behalf of the Executive;
- Establishes and maintains liaison with PHO executives, management and staff and with senior government officials, private sector and health care providers to act as a focal point of contact to the executive’s offices, manage corporate linkages and protocol and to respond to inquiries;
- Identifies, researches and ensures the availability of information for review by the executive and recommends/prepares materials on behalf of the executive in preparation for meetings and requests;
- Coordinates, drafts and/or delegates response to correspondence and information requests;
- Manages the executives’ calendar, making arrangements for all meetings including determining priorities of appointment requests, booking meetings; preparing agendas, compiling and distributing materials;
- Provides support on project activities and committees, lead or attended by the executive; tracks action items, ensures that possible contentious issues are identified in advance, are thoroughly researched and recommends responses on behalf of the executive;
- May be asked to provides senior level secretariat support to Board/committees;
- Writes, reviews and/or edits a variety of departments documents, briefing materials, meeting minutes, or articles and suggests changes in content/format; generates various documents, reports, and presentations for the executive;
- Prepares and monitors the office budget; checks/processes invoices, P-card purchases, expense claims and provides regular financial updates;
- Coordinates the unit’s administrative staff, including setting clear responsibilities and objectives, advising on staff training needs, provides direction and leadership in the implementation of new techniques and standards;
- Provides input and participation on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, systems and practices within the Agency;
- Acts as a member of the Administrative Professionals Forum.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of executive office protocols to manage a range of stakeholder relationships, projects and administration for the Office of the executive;
- Skills in providing senior level secretariat support to Boards/committees;
- Skills to prepare and monitor the office budget and to process invoices, purchases and expense claims;
- Knowledge of administrative service principles, methods, practices and file management systems to provide direction to the unit’s administrative staff and to develop related procedures, systems and practices;
- Knowledge of the programs, services and/or activities of the assigned office, as well as of the Agency mandate, services, priorities and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field - i.e. administrative/business program - or completion of a post-secondary secretarial or administrative assistant program and relevant experience
- Five years or more experience providing executive assistance and support to Senior Executive management positions;
- Proficient with various computer systems and software programs (MS Office) including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, scheduling and e-mail applications;
Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to ensure urgent matters and issues with potential impact on the Department/PHO are brought to the attention of the appropriate PHO executive or dealt with on own on behalf of the Executive for routine administrative matters;
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Solid relationship building skills and the ability to interact professionally and confidently with various internal and external stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively proof read documents for spelling and grammatical correctness within a business context.
Hours of Work: Full time, 36.25 hours per week
Compensation Group: Individual Contributor
Posting Date: 08-9-2023
Closing Date: 08-24-2023
Please note: applications will be received no later than 11:59pm on the date preceding the closing date as indicated on the Job Requisition.
Note: Internal candidates will be considered first.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
PHO is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Any candidate who requires a job posting in an alternative format may email a request to [email protected]. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, they can inform PHO about any accommodations they may require at any stage of the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5G 1M1