New Job Corporate Accounting Assistant 2 In Ontario
|CORPORATE ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 2|
CORPORATE ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 2
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $38.47–$42.14 an hour
Location : Ontario
Amendment Type: Amendment #1
Amendment Date: 08/23/2023
Reason for Amendment: Job Duration - Temporary (12 months) vacancy
Job ID: 40611
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Accounting Services, Analysis and Compliance
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Temporary (12 months) vacancy
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $38.47 – $42.14 per hour
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 23-Aug-2023 to 07-Sep-2023
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger account balances.
- Prepares journal entries and reviews journal entries prepared by departments for completeness and accuracy.
- Identify and investigates potential errors and irregularities.
- Creates/executes ad hoc financial system reports for analysis purposes.
- Provides assistance to departments as requested.
- Provides advice and guidance when directing other accounting staff.
- Prepares year-end accrual entries.
- Maintains and monitors parked document listing to ensure their timely release.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Present enrollment towards the CPA Professional designation (e.g. CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), completed Core 1 and 2 course requirements) or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable finance/accounting experience including, assisting in preparing financial statements, reports, journal entries and account reconciliations in a public or private sector accounting environment.
- Considerable experience using computer-based accounting systems, (e.g. SAP).
- Considerable experience using Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Excel and Word).
You must also have:
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with various levels of staff within the City and other organizations.
- Knowledge of municipal accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively as a team member and exercise professional judgement and conduct.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial and internal controls.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize and deal with conflicting work demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate and orderly electronic and manual files.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and federal and provincial legislation that would be relevant to this position.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and handle confidential matters responsibly.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.