New Job Controller In British Columbia
The Controller will play a critical role as Ntirety continues to expand its footprint and increase its portfolio of products and services. The Controller will lead a team of accounting and finance professionals and their respective staffs, to establish consistent and clear financial policies and sound financial controls and communicate and implement the vision and objectives of the finance organization. Working closely with the CFO and with others on the senior leadership team, this role will be responsible to manage and direct staff in diverse activities including general accounting, cost accounting, accounts payables, enterprise resource planning projects, internal control, management reporting, foreign exchange management, and tax accounting.
This position requires both strong leadership and communication skills, as well as excellent general business savvy. This role will be a key interface to auditors, regulatory agencies, and other key stakeholders. The Controller will be a strong spokesperson for the Company and an effective liaison between the varied constituents and senior leadership.
This position requires a leader with strong project management financial processes and IT systems experience and skills. The Controller must be a visionary who excels at gaining buy-in for the new initiatives and process improvements. This individual will need to enhance and drive the company's ability to meet business goals and objectives by delivering timely and accurate as well as actionable financial analysis and management reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure financial controls, processes, and reporting surpass capital markets scrutiny.
- Manage accounting operations. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements. The Controller will create processes and procedures that ensure financial data is accurate, timely and insightful so that business leaders can make appropriate decisions.
- Work with the CFO and senior leadership, establish a vision for the finance function that complements and supports Ntirety strategy, and implement tactical plan to actualize that vision.
- With input from the CFO, work on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Support new systems or project selections and implement them from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Manage and comply with local, state, federal and international government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist with the management of foreign exchange transactions.
- The Controller will take ownership of talent management in his/her organization. This position requires an individual committed to staff development, recruiting, training and performance management, that allows Ntirety to build a world-class finance organization noted for leveraging best practices and for superior execution.
- The Controller will work closely with outside auditors to establish a partnership that ensures Ntirety is fully compliant with US GAAP and all financial requirements of a private company with international operations.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility leading financial functions.
- Must have experience in U.S. accounting operations.
- Must have strong expertise in U.S. GAAP and SOX compliance initiatives.
- CPA with early career experience in an accounting firm is preferred.
- Advanced business (MBA) degree with focus in finance and/or economics is preferred.
- International tax and treasury experience a plus.
- Financial Accounting Systems implementation experience an asset.
- Experience in the technology industry is a plus with exposure to IT services, high-volume subscription-based businesses and selling to SMBs.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and people management skills.
- Experience with NetSuite is required.
- Experience with Zuora, Odin, and WHMCS a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Access.
Ntirety is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA).
Ntirety offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, FREE Medical to Employees, Dental, retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more. If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Ntirety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Ntirety thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.