New Job Client Service Associate - Bmo Private Wealth In Ontario
|Client Service Associate - BMO Private Wealth|
Client Service Associate - BMO Private Wealth
Company : BMO Financial Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Supports one or more Investment Advisors (IAs) and IA Team and staff, and branch operations with day-to-day administration and provides exceptional client service to support achievement of business objectives.
- Books meetings with new prospects and prepares introductory package for the prospect/referral.
- Coordinates marketing activities on behalf of the advisory team, including website, social media initiatives, client recognition for meaningful life events, and the planning of client events.
- Schedules and helps prepare client portfolio reviews for the Investment Advisors including setting up client calls, scheduling meetings, preparing reviews and provides updates to IA.
- Follows up on client inquiries, account maintenance, new accounts set-up, transfers and remitting funds from registered and non-registered accounts upon client’s request.
- Resolves client complaints in a timely and effective manner; escalates as required.
- Accepts and executes client initiated trades over the phone or in person and provides stock information as requested.
- Handles clients’ general day-to-day requests and inquiries including basic money movement (e.g., wires, transfers), technology issues, and account opening and update, and follows up in a timely and confidential manner.
- Generates reports and documents for IAs and clients as requested and processes items for client accounts and files.
- Maintains and organizes client database and client files.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing assets and notifies IA of required actions to rebalance portfolios.
- Administers and processes documentation related to client files and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors redocumentation of client accounts on regular cycle to ensure client information and documentation is up-to-date.
- Ensures transactions and tasks are appropriately assigned to team members and completed.
- Mentors and coaches new or junior members to the team and branch.
- Provides team members with support on technology issues, use of new technology, and general inquiries and escalations related to policies, procedures, and processing.
- Gathers and distributes information on updates to training, guidelines, technology, and other business related information.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and promote a positive client experience.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch.
- Protects the Bank's assets and clients’ assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of client and Bank information.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of investment process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative process and procedures as contained in Sales Administration Manual.
- Advanced knowledge of proprietary products and services in order to identify potential products and services to client needs and advising IA(s).
- Knowledge of compliance practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of Insurance and group products is an asset
- Knowledge of Trust and Estate services is an asset
- Knowledge of Financial/Retirement planning.
- Knowledge of trade processing rules.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Current registration as Investment Representative (IR).
- 10 CO credits/Compliance training over a 2 year cycle to meet Mandatory IIROC Continuing Education requirement.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.