New Job Business Strategies Advisor In Alberta
|Business Strategies Advisor|
Business Strategies Advisor
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $40.08–$53.57 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
The Business Strategies Advisor is the lead resource for Planning & Development planning & forecasting. The position is responsible for carrying out analysis and forecasting in support of decision making for all levels of the business unit. The Business Strategies Advisor makes recommendations to management on a variety of issues related to economic forecasting and monitoring, revenue and cost analysis, fees policy, market analysis, and strategy developments. Primary duties include:
- Reconcile budget and capital cost control, identify project funding sources, and ensure compliance with internal policy.
- Support internal service owners and business strategists with budget analysis.
- Provide analysis, change recommendation and coordination of Planning & Development User Fees adjustments and business implementation in accordance with corporate programs and policy.
- Review business processes and procedures, methodologies and tools used to make recommendations for improvement. Maintain and communicate changes to the department Business Guidelines.
- Assess current revenue sources and devise strategies and plans that would ensure the viability of these revenue sources for long-term business unit development & sustainment.
- Evaluate past and present economic issues and trends and forecast future economic activity in relation to the development industry.
A degree in Business or Economics plus at least 3 years of experience in analyzing data and forecasting trends in operations.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel is required.
A professional designation in Business or Economics will be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience with PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM), Tangible Capital Assets, accounting, capital budgeting and business planning skills.
Strong communication skills and demonstrated business acumen and strong presentation/facilitation skills.
A strong customer service focus is critical to the success in this position. Building and maintaining professional relationships with internal customers and the ability to communicate well and take initiative to resolve complex issues is required.
Demonstrate analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Planning & Development Services - Service Excellence
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 10 $40.08 - 53.57 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: September 6, 2023
Job ID #: 308295