New Job Audit Manager (Noc 10029) In Nova Scotia
|Audit Manager (NOC 10029)|
Audit Manager (NOC 10029)
Company : CNS Accounting Solutions Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Company/Employer operating name: CNS Accounting Solutions
Contact Information and contact information:
CNS Accounting Solutions Ltd.
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 720
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Title of Position: Audit Manager (NOC 10029)
Number of Positions: 1
Term of employment: Full-time (37.5 hours/week) and permanent
Language of work: English
Wage: $90,000.00 Canadian Dollars annually, with a discretionary bonus of a typical range of 5-10% of the base salary based on the individual performance and the performance of the Company
Benefits: 25 working days of vacation, coverage in Group Health Insurance Plan (certain health and dental benefits, critical illness, accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability), Group RSP, RSP matching, payment of annual membership dues to CPA Institute and training courses, and extended benefits plan
CNS Accounting Solutions is looking for a seasoned Audit Manager with experience in public practice audit of Asset Management or Captive Insurance companies for its office in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Working with teams across our Halifax and Grand Cayman offices, the Audit Manager will primarily be responsible for:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of CNS;
- Plan, develop and organize policies and procedures of CNS;
- Develop action plans, provide expertise to clients and support and advise project and financial management;
- Manage a portfolio of clients by planning, developing, organizing, supervising, directing, and reviewing the work of staff and senior auditors throughout the planning, field work and completion stages of an audit engagement;
- plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate with other international BDO offices on cross-border engagements required for Cayman Islands filing purposes. On these engagements you will serve as a liaison with other BDO offices, coordinating the cross-border engagement steps and ensuring audit files meet BDO Cayman’s quality standards. Your portfolio will mainly consist of hedge funds, private equity funds and captive insurance companies;
- working within budgets and reporting timetables;
- Develop action plans, provide expertise to clients and support, and acting as a major point of contact within the firm for the clients together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Direct and advise staff in the development and implementation of service quality assessment strategies;
- Regular contact with all members of the audit team, including directing, advising, guiding, supporting, assisting and developing staff and seniors on your engagements. Effective communication and leadership skills are imperative to develop strong working relationships with the members of your team;
- advising clients on various economic and regulatory matters affecting their financial reporting, resolving complex accounting issues, applying applicable financial reporting and auditing standards consistently within complex situations, writing technical memos on financial reporting and auditing issues, and documenting, validating, testing, and assessing various financial reporting control systems.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are always adhered to.
- Supporting partners and senior managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Recruiting, retaining, developing and motivating employees, which includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent is required.
- Five (5) or more years of immediate recent external auditing experience is required.
- Prior significant supervisory experience is required.
- Experience auditing Asset Management (hedge funds, PE Funds, VC Funds) or Captive Insurance sector clients is required.
License/Certifications: CPA or other international accounting designation is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Office 365 applications is required.
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools is required.
- Prior experience with BDO’s audit software is strongly preferred.
Other required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, IFRS, ISA, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and ability to provide timely and relevant feedback.
- Must possess executive presence to be a primary contact for the client and to prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Solid time and project management skills, allowing you to stay organized and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines and demands
Job location: 1701 Hollis Street, Suite 720, Halifax, NS B3J 3M8