New Job Associate Portfolio Manager In Alberta
|Associate Portfolio Manager|
Associate Portfolio Manager
Company : Grayhawk
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Grayhawk Wealth was founded in 2015 to empower our client’s wealth purpose and accelerate impact. We act as the Chief Investment Office (CIO) for Canada’s successful families and foundations.
Today we serve our clientele nationally, offering institutional quality investment portfolio curation with a relationship-first mindset. Our work is most meaningful when our clients feel how different it is to partner with us, and we support a path of purposeful wealth stewardship with profound impact across generations.
We designed Grayhawk to be a different kind of Chief Investment Office (CIO). One that delivers the experience clients were asking for. As a CIO, we offer our clients independent expertise and advice, with access to investment opportunities not typically available to private investors. We aim to provide a superior, long term, risk-adjusted return for our clients based on their wealth goals. And we fundamentally believe that it all starts with relationships built on trust.
Our team of professionals are all here because they believe in what we do – each with their own story about why our purpose matters to them. We value diversity and inclusion as an organization and are dedicated to growing our team with individuals who have varied perspectives and experiences.
Scope and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Western Canada, the Associate Portfolio Manager will be passionate about partnering with successful families and foundations and providing them with independent and objective investment advice.
This is a critical role in Grayhawk’s continued success and growth. The role is accountable for the following:
- Construct investment policy statements tailored to the client’s specific goals and objectives and ensure that all the appropriate client information, including their income, insurance, coverage, current tax status, expenses, risk tolerance levels, etc., are gathered, compiled, and stored in a manner that is accessible internally;
- Monitor and manage portfolios in compliance with an investment policy statement prepared for each client in accordance with firm practice;
- Ensure the investment management process and client portfolios adheres to all internal and compliance policies and procedures as well as all applicable securities laws and regulations;
- Take a proactive, disciplined approach in supporting the rebalancing of client portfolios with the investment management lead;
- Prepare quarterly portfolio review presentations and support the Client Team on client quarterly calls where appropriate and necessary;
- In partnership with the Client Team, meet with clients on a regular basis to deepen their relationship with Grayhawk, discuss/update on the progress of their investment plan and amend as necessary;
- Identify opportunities to improve client experience, and to improve process effectiveness and efficiency;
- Provide investment support, education and guidance to clients and prospect in partnership with our client team;
- Lead new and existing client demonstrations of technology platforms and provide further support and instruction where necessary;
- Set up the maintenance of client information within Grayhawk’s reporting and CRM system. Support and/or lead team training in various technology implementations;
- Participate in industry forums and conferences to keep apprised of all industry trends, competitive insights, products, and services;
- Work collaboratively with the Client Team in client acquisition activities and business development activities; and,
- Provide input and support for the development of new business initiatives, new strategic partnerships and product enhancement based on client needs.
Desired Abilities, Background and Experience
Given the role this individual will play in Grayhawk’s continued growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- Advanced degree in Finance, or a related discipline;
- Registered in good standing in the category of Associate Advising Representative or eligible to be registered in the near term; and,
- Completion of, or working toward, the CFA and/or Canadian Investment Manager (“CIM”) accreditations.
- Excellent understanding of financial markets and ability to communicate same with clients;
- Experience conducting research that involves the financial analysis of investments;
- Experience servicing private clients is preferred;
- Technologically savvy and have advanced-level skills in data manipulation and processing including Microsoft Excel; and
- Industry experience across multiple asset classes preferred or a focus on one single asset class.
Personal / Professional Attributes
- Self-starter who understands how to balance taking initiative with leveraging the strengths of the team around you;
- Resourceful, agile, and able to pivot in a different direction smoothly and calmly when circumstances change unexpectedly;
- Exceptional communicator. Confident and poised verbal communication, with exceptional writing skills;
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and confident. Endless supply of energy, a team player with strong problem-solving skills;
- Steadfast in your integrity and have exceptional attention to detail, you are highly organized with the ability to translate and execute tasks in an efficient and effective manner and maintain strict confidentiality in all manners of your role;
- Balance of analytical and inter-personal skills;
- Driven by the opportunity to build meaningful relationships and of course love the world of investments; and,
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of the company and be able to navigate a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This role provides an opportunity to join a company that is poised for continued success and growth.
We want Grayhawk to be the organization where you do the best work of your career. We’re successful because our people are humble, hungry, and smart. They’re comfortable working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and are deeply motivated by our clients’ satisfaction and the success of our firm.
At our core we are:
- Authentic: We partner, listen, and share with empathy and humility;
- Transparent: We lead with openness and sincerity. We are accountable for our actions;
- Resourceful: We leverage innovation with determination and agility;
- Connected: We build and nurture trusting relationships that empower others; and,
- Generational: We thoughtfully, yet boldly, curate solutions that endure.
Job Type: Full-time