New Job Word Data Processing Clerk Ii - Investigations Branch Administrative Assistant In Alberta
|Word Data Processing Clerk II - Investigations Branch Administrative Assistant|
Word Data Processing Clerk II - Investigations Branch Administrative Assistant
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $46,690–$57,973 a year
Location : Alberta
**This posting is for one (1) full-time temporary position ending on or before April 30, 2024**
The Edmonton Police Service requires a Branch Administrative Assistant with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to provide administrative services to the Investigations Branch. The Administrative Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Compose and type memoranda, forms, letters, police occurrences, reports, and responses to a variety of enquiries. Prepare agendas, record, and transcribe meeting meetings and prepare follow-up reports.
- Answer phone calls, update calendars and schedules for the Inspector and S/Sgt’s.
- Prepare daily highlights report.
- Provide support and manage CARM for the Investigations Response Branch.
- Enter annual vacation for Squads.
- Complete transfers/loans and update Branch records.
- Intake and track summons and non-summons photo violations.
- Schedule and plan events including catering when necessary.
- Track and manage Diary Date system for photo violations, PSB, tracking sheets, briefing notes, memos, criminal flight events and EPDP’S.
- Draft employee recognitions and awards.
- Code, classify and file material into confidential filing systems, including divisional and personnel files.
- Provide backup coverage for other administrative staff.
- Creating and maintaining email lists and divisional rosters.
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for all areas in the Branch.
- Ordering business cards and on-boarding new members to the Branch.
- Maintain all photocopiers for the branch.
- Entering subpoena’s, court cancelations and monitor incoming court emails.
- Complete visa statements for the Inspector and S/Sgt’s.
- Track, pay and send invoices to Finance.
- Complete weekly PARS and TA forms for the Inspector.
- Coordinate and book travel for work related travel and training.
- Performing other related duties as required as well as having the ability to work well with others.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects related to word and information processing or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved school/college, supplemented by training in basic computer applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years diversified word and information processing experience.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CARM, Adobe Acrobat, Smart Sheets, and the aptitude to learn new software systems.
- Data entry experience, with a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills is required.
- Able to exercise sound judgement and to maintain respectful and effective working relationships.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening, you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge you may be required to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
Hours of Work:
40.00 hours per week. Monday to Friday (Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.)
21B, Salary Grade: 007, $22.36 - $27.76 (Hourly), $1,788.90 - $2,221.20 (Bi-Weekly), $46,689.77 - $57,973.32 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS