New Job Visitor Services Supervisor In Alberta
|Visitor Services Supervisor|
Visitor Services Supervisor
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $67,548–$88,681 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 46027
Ministry: Forestry and Parks
Location: Dinosaur Provincial Park
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: August 4th, 2023
Classification: Program Services 3 Market Adjustment (023PSAMA)
Do you have experience in managing business operations in tourism, hospitality, and retail industry? Do you enjoy a fast-paced role with broad and diverse responsibilities? If so, then take your career to the next level as the Visitor Services Supervisor (VSS) at Dinosaur Provincial Park!
Alberta Parks – Dinosaur Management Area is seeking a hardworking individual with exceptional customer service experience and supervisory skills to be responsible for managing:
- Area campgrounds and reservation services
- Information and retail services at various locations
- Dinosaur Park café and campground service center
- Hospitality services (including comfort camping, conference facility and accommodation rentals)
- Staff and researcher housing units
- Specialized service contracts
- Special event organization
In this supervisory role, you will be responsible for hiring, training, mentoring, and evaluating seasonal information staff, and setting facility hours and staff schedules. A strong skill set in team building, staff support, and conflict management are crucial to the success of this position. Other job functions include managing an assigned budget, asset tracking, and administering revenues generated by the visitor services program.
The ability to work both independently and as part of a team while demonstrating the Alberta Public Service values of respect, integrity, accountability, and excellence in everything you do is essential to your success.
- A degree in a related field such as park management, business, tourism and/or hospitality and at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role; or a related diploma plus 4 years of directly related experience
Equivalency as described below:
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or
- 1 year of experience for 1 year of education
- Recruitment, Training and Supervisory experience
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office suite and database/booking software are also required.
- Experience managing staff in a hospitality/customer service environment
- Previous experience in revenue management and bookkeeping.
- Standard First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to commute to Dinosaur Provincial Park office (rural)
- Experience working within government in a retail, resource management, or business management role
- Experience working within Alberta Parks
- Experience working with the Provincial Parks Act
- Experience in areas such as park management, campground and day use operations, project coordination and knowledge of Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Develop Self and Others
- Build Collaborative Environments
- Develop Networks
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$2,588.06 to $3,397.76 bi-weekly. ($67,548- $88,681 / year)
Hours of work are based on 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, but may be required to evenings or weekends, especially in peak summer seasons
This role will require the ability to commute to Dinosaur Provincial Park as there is no public transportation
The successful candidate may be required to obtain a Criminal Records Check
Any costs associated with obtaining the required documents/checks as noted or interview travel expenses, will be the responsibility of the candidate. Out-of-province applicants can obtain the required documents/checks from the province they currently reside in.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Alba Ngjelo at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check