New Job Vancouver - Us Transaction Tax - Manager Tax In British Columbia
|Vancouver - US Transaction Tax - Manager Tax|
Vancouver - US Transaction Tax - Manager Tax
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a US Transaction Tax Manager, you will be a part of our national Transaction Tax (M&A) practice. You will be part of a team who helps clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. Transaction Tax services encompass developing and advising on the tax structure, executing tax due diligence, challenging assumptions about future tax performance, and assisting with the tax aspect of purchase agreements, post-closing reorganizations, and other transaction tax matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will be involved in analyzing and structuring transactions, delivering outstanding client service as a project manager on due diligence projects for both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers, as well as be involved in analyzing and structuring transactions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage due diligence projects and determine potential tax liabilities and exposures in both strategic and private equity transactions. Review and analyze merger agreements and provide opinion letters
- Structure transactions for both strategic and financial owners related to acquisitions and divestitures
- Effectively manage engagement teams that may consist of attorneys, CFOs, corporate directors, accountants, and tax professionals
- Establish relationships with portfolio companies to show planning opportunities
- Develop internal relationships with other members of Transaction Tax, US Tax and other EY tax advisory and financial professionals
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities for providing tax approaches to clients and targets
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent,
- A US CPA or an Attorney with an active membership and in good standing with the bar of the highest court within the US
- Minimum of 4 years of US tax experience, M&A tax experience and or US Tax compliance is an asset
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proven success in leading and managing teams
- Excellent "go to market", presentation and selling abilities
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work in dynamic environment with shifting priorities and changing demands
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.