New Job Summer Camp Leader In Alberta
|Summer Camp Leader|
Summer Camp Leader
Company : Lethbridge College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Summer Camp Leader (Casual Contract)
Hours per week/FTE
Up to 35/week
About the Position
Are you an enthusiastic individual who loves to work with kids? Do you have a passion and skillset in any of the following areas?
- Environmental Science
- Health Care
- Early Childhood Education
Lethbridge College is hiring multiple summer camp leaders to design and deliver engaging and exciting week-long summer camps for 2023.
Job duties include:
- Collaboration with the Youth Initiatives Summer Assistant in planning physical activity components and delivery support
- Development and delivery of camp experiences that are fun, engaging, and reflect Lethbridge College commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Preparation and sourcing of required supplies within a given budget
- Team collaboration in the supervision of campers during structured and unstructured activities
- Collection and maintenance of records
- Communication with parents and the Youth Initiatives team
Located on the traditional lands of the Blackfoot Confederacy, Lethbridge College is committed to honouring the land from a place of knowing. We honour the Siksikaitsitapi as both the traditional and current Land Keepers of this area, and we welcome all Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples who call Blackfoot territory their home to disclose as such when submitting applications.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At Lethbridge College, we know we all benefit when the rich diversity of our campus community is fully represented, and all students and employees are included. We are committed to identifying and overcoming systemic barriers that impede individuals from underrepresented groups. We are ready to work together to ensure Lethbridge College is a place where all individuals feel valued for their unique perspectives, skills, and contributions and are afforded equal opportunities to participate in learning, research, and innovation.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
- Post-secondary study or working experience in one or more fields related to the camps listed above
- Post-secondary study in the field of education, or experience leading youth in group settings
- First Aid and CPR training is an asset
Based on experience and qualifications.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Lethbridge College is committed to inclusive recruitment practices by providing reasonable access and accommodations to applicants. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]. Private information received in relation to the request will only be used to facilitate the recruitment process and will be kept confidential and shared only as needed with the selection committee.