New Job Storekeeper 4 In Manitoba
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under general supervision, the Storekeeper 4 is responsible for timely, efficient and cost-effective acquisition, warehousing, inventory control and issuing of parts and materials related to light and heavy-duty City of Winnipeg vehicles and equipment including manufacturing. These parts and materials may be issued to WFMA Operations staff as well as contacts from all departments of City of Winnipeg, other municipal departments and special operating agencies.
As the Storekeeper 4 you will:
- Develop and sustain necessary on hand physical and volume inventory levels and supervise assigned staff.
- Procure stock inventory items through a network of suppliers.
- Procure non-stock items.
- Perform general inventory management.
- Process WHMIS documentation.
- Participate in the monitoring of Power tool program (generator, concrete drill etc.).
- Maintain shop coveralls / uniforms and other clothing for mechanics.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 Diploma, GED certificate or an equivalent amount of related education and experience.
- Must have or be willing to obtain fork lift certification within one (1) year.
- Provincial Red Seal Parts Person designation is considered an asset.
- Three years of experience in the administration of an automotive or heavy duty equipment stockroom operation which includes experience with planning, purchasing, shipping, receiving, sourcing, storing and distributing goods.
- Working knowledge of the technical terminology required to conduct efficient business with customer clients.
- Ability to read and interpret parts manuals and related documents to look up parts and suppliers for ordering.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to supervise staff and incumbent must be able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, fleet inventory tracking systems, internet use and the ability to learn PeopleSoft within 6 months.
- Knowledge of Inventory Systems and Inventory Principles.
- Knowledge of procurement principles.
- Knowledge of safe work practices/conditions.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform numerical/statistical analysis.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively organize work, supervise and train subordinate personnel.
- Ability to carry out mathematical computations required to order and account for material, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical and administrative correspondence and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out stores related clerical duties.
Conditions of Employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the Employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must have Valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License.