New Job Service Person - Union In Ontario
|Service Person - Union|
Service Person - Union
Company : City of Mississauga
Salary : $43,579–$52,799 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 3
Closing Date: 08/08/2023
Reporting to the Supervisor of Building Services and Operations - Custodial, the successful candidate will perform general caretaking/custodial duties.
Hours of work will be from Wednesday to Sunday - 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning of floors, carpets, furniture, walls, windows and other areas as assigned
- Waste collection
- Maintenance of carpet and resilient flooring
- Employ effective and efficient methods to maintain sanitary conditions
- Set up and arrange furnishings and equipment
- Safe, economic use of cleaning materials
- Assist client departments in preparing for special events
- Conduct maintenance deficiency inspections
- Undertake minor building repairs and equipment repairs (buffers, burnishes, shampooers, extractors, vacuums and scrubbers)
- Move office furniture as required
- Efficiently use all types of caretaking equipment including buffers, strippers, sweepers and floor machines; use personal lifting devices for changing lights, banners etc.
- Respond to on site emergencies appropriately, (vandalism, fire alarms, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Grade 10 education with one to two years' experience in custodial field
- Ability to carry out minor building or equipment repairs, such changing vacuum bags/belts, replacing light bulbs
- Knowledgeable in the safe use of chemicals/cleaning products, familiar WHMIS and MSDS Sheets
- Must be able to communicate in English (written and verbally)
- Customer service focused to deal effectively with the public and internal clients
Hours of Work: 40
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div , Security Services & Civic Prec. Ops
Non-Union/Union: Aerospace - IAMA
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.