New Job Senior Manager, Investor Relations In Ontario
|Senior Manager, Investor Relations|
Senior Manager, Investor Relations
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 176923
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Investor Relations’ mandate is to communicate the Bank’s financial performance and strategy to the investment community. The incumbent will support Investor relations (IR) and play a significant role in the preparation, review and delivery of key deliverables. The Senior Manager maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders and will be involved in the day-to-day tasks of the team, which includes ownership of key deliverables and coaching junior members of the team.
Quarter End and Year End Reporting Deliverables
- The quarter end deliverables are key pieces of the Investor Relations communication strategy at the Bank. It is considered a major information source for the for the institutional buy and sell side professionals as well as retail investors. The senior manager contributes to the preparation, review and delivery of the Analyst Presentation and Conference Call Script, the Marketing Deck and the Quarterly/Annual Report. This preparation process requires a high level of organization and detail to attention, as it includes liaising with other departments of the Bank and managing, gathering, compiling, and checking a large volume of information.
- Tracking Analyst Estimates and Commentary
- The Senior Manager will track estimates and concerns published by the Bank’s sell side analysts. This plays a crucial role for the IR team in preparing briefing materials and potential questions for the executive management team.
- Annual Rating Agency Reviews
- The Senior Manager will assist in preparing and reviewing meeting materials for the annual rating agency reviews. The Bank has relationships with all the major rating agencies, that is, Standard & Poors, Moody’s, Fitch and DBRS.
- Equity and Fixed Income Conferences and Marketing
- Throughout the year, various members from the executive management team will participate in equity and fixed income conferences hosted by internal and external brokers. The Senior Manager will assist in the preparation of materials and the logistics required. Tasks may range from preparing Q&A materials, reviewing and logging investor list for meetings, as well as coordinating with corporate access on logistics.
- Reporting and Tracking
- The Senior Manager is responsible for analyzing and reviewing research reports and financial statements, summarizing estimates and results, and should be familiar with the terminology, valuation methods, financial statements, and able to assess and distill the information in a concise manner
- Investor Relations utilizes third-party vendors for market intelligence and for tracking buy and sell side activity of the Bank’s securities. The senior manager is responsible for assisting the executive management team prepare and achieve their annual marketing targets.
- There are a number of other ad hoc projects and requests that occur from time to time that will require the incumbent to participate in the Investor Relations efforts (i.e. Investor Days, prepare material for various leadership meetings, Annual & Semi-Annual Board report, etc.).
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performing environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Experience / Education:
Excellent organizational and communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills
- Strong financial analysis skills with solid understanding of the balance sheet and income statement
- Experience in the Financial Institutions industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Self-motivated; able to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency with MS Excel is mandatory; familiarity with any of Factset, CapIQ, Thomson ONE, Bloomberg
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset, but not required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.