New Job Senior Legislative Analyst/Senior Policy And Program Analysts In Manitoba
|Senior Legislative Analyst/Senior Policy and Program Analysts|
Senior Legislative Analyst/Senior Policy and Program Analysts
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $68,995–$86,717 a year
Location : Manitoba
Senior Legislative Analyst/Senior Policy and Program Analysts
PM3 Senior Legislative Analyst / Senior Policy and Program Analysts
Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning
Governance and Policy, System Performance & Accountability
Advertisement Number: 41560
Salary(s): PM3 $68,995.00 - $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: August 8, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Various Positions, two positions are designated as bilingual.
The Province of Manitoba is seeking qualified individuals to fill various Senior Legislative Analyst positions as well as Senior Policy and Program Analyst positions within the Department of Education. The Department of Education is undertaking a significant transformation to ensure that the education system is structured and supported effectively to improve student outcomes and provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their potential.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work overtime including evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as required for some positions.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably at the Masters level, in social sciences, management or a related discipline, and several years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and extensive experience may also be considered.
- Extensive experience in researching, developing and evaluating complex policy and programs, ideally within a public sector setting.
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of complex projects.
- Experience interpreting and/or applying legislation, regulations and/or policy.
- Strong understanding of legislative/regulatory or policy development processes, including the main steps in the process.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to present information to senior management for decision-making purposes.
- Superior written communication skills including experience writing a variety of documents and reports for various audiences.
- Strong political acumen and the ability to manage confidential, controversial or politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working under pressure, managing multiple priorities in tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including experience in supporting, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s Regulatory Accountability initiative.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in French.
- Knowledge of trauma informed/survivor focused practices.
- Experience supporting administrative appeals and hearings.
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s K-12 education system.
The Senior Legislation Analyst and the Senior Policy and Program Analysts will be responsible for researching, analysing, reviewing and making recommendations related to policies, programs, regulations and statutes. These positions must remain current on legislative, policy and program developments that may have implications for an inclusive K-12 education system, to ensure that policy and program design is based on sound and current information. The incumbents will be responsible for providing high-level advice and guidance on financial and legal implications and will prepare various materials such as advisory notes, speaking notes, correspondence, Treasury Board and Cabinet Submissions, and other reports and briefing materials. The incumbents will also represent the branch on various groups or committees and will coordinate and lead complex projects in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.