New Job Senior Content Specialist In British Columbia
|Senior Content Specialist|
Senior Content Specialist
Company : Sun Life
Salary : $53,300–$86,300 a year
Location : British Columbia
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
As the largest private payer of health care in Canada, the Senior Content Specialist will play a primary role in promoting Sun Life’s innovative Group Benefits health solutions and their value to prospecting and existing Clients. This role is an exciting opportunity for a creative, passionate copywriter who will be tasked to showcase how we help our Clients live healthier lives.
The Senior Content Specialist will work alongside the Content Manager to create and optimize proposal and sales content to help our Group Benefits Business Development teams gain and retain Clients. The selected candidate will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of our proposal content management tool and our sales presentation library. They’ll ensure the content follows Sun Life’s branding, writing and tone of voice guidelines. And they’ll be involved in process improvements, and in identifying and solving business problems, and implementing solutions that create cost or time efficiencies. We’re looking for a professional with strong writing and editing skills who can strategically articulate our value proposition and differentiators in proposal and sales content.
- Monitor and manage all requests coming through a centralized inbox and our proposal content management tool.
- Manage the end-to-end process to create, edit, update and/or optimize proposal and sales presentation content in a timely fashion and ensure it’s effective, appealing, relevant, in plain language and on brand.
- Manage content review process of our proposal and sales presentation libraries and coordinate with internal partners. Stakeholders include legal and compliance reviewers, subject matter experts, leaders, translation, and others.
- Provide support to Proposal Writers on our writing and tone of voice guidelines, and on how to turn complex and technical information into plain language. Provide them with MS Word support when necessary.
- Maintain workload trackers and dashboard so we can easily communicate updates to teams and leaders.
- Identify and implement on-going process improvements that will result in cost efficiencies or time efficiencies or both.
- Support any ad hoc writing projects.
Minimum five years of professional writing experience. A writing test will part of the recruiting process.
- Excellent project-management skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills to meet many priorities and deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines for multiple stakeholders.
- Strong and effective relationship builder with the ability to motivate others to collaborate effectively and meet service standards and timelines.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word and strong knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, execution and result focused.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, literature, or related field.
- As this position is posted in several locations, we specify that bilingualism (French, English, both oral and written) is required for Quebec only for the frequent interactions with English and French-speaking colleagues or internal partners across Canada or worldwide.
- Experience in the group benefits, insurance, group retirement or financial industry.
- Knowledge of Loopio or other proposal content management tools.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected].
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:53,300/53 300 - 86,300/86 300
Posting End Date:04/08/2023