New Job Seasonal Horticultural Assistant In British Columbia
|Seasonal Horticultural Assistant|
Seasonal Horticultural Assistant
Company : City of Port Moody
Salary : $33.09–$35.62 an hour
Location : British Columbia
The City of Port Moody is looking for an enthusiastic hard working individual to provide seasonal labour assistance to the Horticultural crew.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance, landscaping, horticultural and construction work on public land. This position also assists with the training and supervision of staff, and will prioritize and plan daily work schedules and respond to public requests and enquiries throughout the City.
- Grade 12 education supplemented with horticultural courses
- Horticulture Citation (Certificate from Residential Landscape Course)
- A minimum of 1 year of horticulture experience
- Experience utilizing small hand tools and landscape maintenance equipment
- Sound knowledge of plants, plant maintenance, soil, disease, weeding, identifications and pruning
- Experience interpreting landscape drawings
- Ability to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence plus Class 3 Driver's License with Air Endorsement
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver's abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.