New Job Revenue Processing Representative In Saskatchewan
|Revenue Processing Representative|
Revenue Processing Representative
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $19.50–$24.44 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Revenue Division of the Ministry of Finance is Saskatchewan's primary tax collection agency. The Division is responsible for the administration of several tax programs including the Provincial Sales Tax, Liquor Consumption Tax, Corporation Capital Tax, Fuel Tax and Tobacco Tax. This is done through a variety of activities including responding to client inquires, maintaining client accounts, revenue processing, issuing refunds, education and enforcement.
The Ministry of Finance, Revenue Operations Branch, is looking for a highly motivated, adaptable, well organized and responsible individual to work as a Revenue Processing Representative.
Working in a team environment, you will be required to:
- demonstrate discretion and accuracy when inputting, editing and updating large volumes of information into databases and the Tax Administration and Compliance System (TACS);
- be able to open, image and process incoming correspondence, applications and forms in accordance with various tax statutes, including the Farm Fuel Program and First Nations Fuel and Tobacco Tax Refund Program;
- be responsible to sort, retrieve and deliver correspondence to multiple branches within the Revenue Division;
- sort and re-file previously retrieved files, purge, scan and transfer file information to storage, based on procedure; and
- work in confined and limited spaces, stand, bend and reach while filing for extended periods of time and lift files or boxes of up to 10 kilograms.
You will have knowledge of:
- office procedures, protocols and various types of office equipment
- basic math and accounting principles.
- Client Service best practices
You will have the ability to:
- input, edit and update large volumes of information in mainframe and network based databases and spreadsheets in an accurate and timely manner
- accurately and in a timely manner, compose and format correspondence using word-processing software
- accurately apply relevant and applicable policies, procedures, acts, and regulations
- listen, clarify the issue and provide information to team members; provide additional information and clarify procedures to team members
- work independently and participate as a contributing member of a team to achieve common goals
- identify, clarify and analyze relevant issues, concerns or problems in order to provide options/recommendations and/or implement solutions in a timely manner
- organize and prioritize multiple tasks taking into consideration changing priorities and tight deadlines
- sort and file large volumes of correspondence in a timely and accurate manner
- attention to detail in reviewing incoming tax payer submissions for errors and omissions; input the submissions accurately into the system
You will be:
- highly motivated and adaptable
- discreet when handling confidential information