New Job Revenue Clerk 4 In Ontario
|REVENUE CLERK 4|
REVENUE CLERK 4
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 35889
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Revenue Services, RevSvcs Revenue Accounting & Collections
Work Location: North York Civic Centre
Job Type & Duration: 1 Permanent Full Time, 2 Temporary Full Time (12 months)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $ 29.43 – $ 32.27, Wage Grade 6
Shift Information: 35 Hrs per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 3
Posting Period: 10-Jul-2023 to 24-Jul-2023
As a member of the Revenue Services team, reporting to the Supervisor, Refunds, and this position will analyze and validate refund requests. Receive and process refund requests for Property Taxes, Utility Billing including Water, Sewer and Solid Waste, as well as Parking Infractions. Perform journal entries and deal with the public by phone and in person.
- Extracts information from Water Management and Collection System (WMACS) and Tax Management and Collection System (TMACS) and Parking Tag Management System (PTMS) to verify and validate property address and account number on requests for the purpose of transfers/refunds from lawyers, owners, agents, internal staff requests etc..
- Reviews and validates credit balances/overpayments and ensures that proper proof of payment (Tax, Water, Industrial and Commercial Garbage (ICI), Single Family and Multi-residential Family Garbage Bins and Parking Tags) and/or statement of adjustments are obtained, and that all final fees and penalty/interest has been added to the respective account
- Arranges and prepares information received from customers to support and update accounts to be transferred/refunded in Tax Management System (TMACS) and Water Management System (WMACS)
- Prepares new refunds/transfers requests on accounts and recalculates billings
- Calculates and issues revised bills after transfer/refund
- Answers telephone and counter inquiries, mail and emails regarding water/tax refunds and transfer requests, bills, account, supplementary bills, assessment review and tax appeals, penalties, discounts, fees and adjustments related to tax and water bills
- Prepares transfers. Calculates and prepares revised billings once transfers have been applied
- Initiates and posts tax/water account updates and adjustments once transferred/refunded and updates forwarding addresses where to be refunded and notes the accounts with reasons for the transfer/refund, cancellation or adjustment. Forwards the information refunded to the co-ordinator to be validated by Supervisor, Manager and Director based on threshold amounts
- Updates Water and Tax Accounts Management Systems
- Searches and verifies accounts and records/notes for the issuance of tax/water certificates, checks and analyzes transaction entries regarding charges, payments, other transactions etc. before refunding or transferring
- Processes credit balances for Tax and Water accounts and Parking Tag accounts. Prepares transaction entries to correct account balances.
- Calculates, verifies and processes realty tax adjustments. Processes and prepares refund requisitions, disbursement vouchers, and journal entries as required
- Sets up, balances and updates water/tax accounts prior to the issuance of water/tax refunds
- Issues forms, letters where more information is required. Prepares letters for requesting additional information where invalid or insufficient documents were received
- Performs ‘alpha-checks’ to identify any outstanding amounts which will offset the credit balance(s) prior to disbursement.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable office experience performing various clerical and administrative duties.
- Experience in a customer service environment dealing directly with the public, in person, by phone, and by email.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Experience with Revenue Management Systems such as Tax Management and Collection Systems (TMACS), Water Management and Collection Systems (WMACS) and Parking Tag Management System (PTMS).
You must also have:
- Knowledge in municipal taxation and property assessment legislation, policies and practices, City by-laws, provincial legislation, regulations relating to the Municipal Act, the Assessment Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) and establish good working relationships with clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to set priorities, plan and execute tasks.
- Ability to perform complex and detailed computations and calculations.
- Ability to prepare detailed correspondence, summaries, statements, and documentation requiring the interpretation and application of a wide range of administrative practices
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.