New Job Recreation And Communications Facilitator In Manitoba
|Recreation and Communications Facilitator|
Recreation and Communications Facilitator
Company : Rural Municipality of Rosser
Salary : $22.50–$25.08 an hour
Location : Manitoba
POSITION TITLE Recreation and Communications Facilitator
ACCOUNTABLE TO Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The new position of Recreation and Communications Facilitator will guide and facilitate the development of recreation programming offered in the RM of Rosser by assisting volunteer organizations to maximize facility usage, develop leadership and promote the value of recreation and community event programming, while recommending strategies to Council on growing recreation in general. In addition, this position will be the lead on communicating effectively on our various communications platforms. This position will work to promote and grow usage of the RM’s Friendship Park and work to improve and grow the usage of active transportation paths in Grosse Isle and CentrePort. This position will also be the main municipal contact for volunteer groups associated with the two municipal cemeteries including recommendations to Council on municipal required policies and budget and other administrative cemetery duties.
MAJOR AREAS OF PERFORMANCE
· Work with community organizations to develop and coordinate recreational programming and
associated facility usage.
· Identify and assist with applications for external funding programs including grants and sponsorship development.
· Monitor and evaluate recreation programming in meeting the community needs.
· Enhance the RM’s municipal communications through exceptional verbal and written communication with the public by administering municipal event calendars, brochures, website, and other information resources.
· Initiate and conduct public relations/education activities for various matters.
· Maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Grow usage of park, active transportation paths, and cemeteries.
· Using strong interpersonal skills and political acumen to manage highly sensitive and confidential information and data.
· Manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent time management.
· Solve problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
· Undertake community support duties as assigned.
· Provide reports as required to management and Council.
· Recreation administration experience, or a combination of experience and college level education is required.
· Communications experience or communications education.
· Research and grant writing skills is an asset.
· An understanding of social media and marketing tactics used to promote events is an asset.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and adapt to multiple software programs. Knowledge of website content and social media platforms is an asset.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders (for example, members of the public and not for profit organizations).
· Proven organizational skills expertise including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, and political acumen skills.
· Ability to act with initiative, discretion, and self-motivation; able to perform with little supervision.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Class 5 driver’s license.
· Basic first aid and CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain).
· Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings when required in a 37.5 hour work week. Must be able to work overtime as required.
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
$22.50 - $23.12 - $23.75 - $24.41 - $25.08
(entire wage scale increases by Council approved cost of living annually)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.50-$25.08 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-27