New Job Project Delivery Intern In Alberta
|Project Delivery Intern|
Project Delivery Intern
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $4,537–$5,942 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 44705
Location: Grande Prairie
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: Temporary - up to 2 years
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: July 18, 2023
Classification: Technologies 4
We believe in building careers and providing opportunities to develop within the organization. We also provide our staff with a work-life balance including reasonable hours of work and support for wellness at work with a series of activities over the lunch break and after office hours. In short, we provide staff with the tools and support they need to excel. Working together we will promote the Alberta Public Service Values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Excellence.
Reporting to a Project Manager within the Project Delivery group in the Property Management Branch, the Project Delivery Intern will assist in and manage the delivery of Major Maintenance, Operations and Tenant Improvement Projects and Consultant Investigations in Government owned and leased facilities.
The Project Delivery Intern will participate in the planning and scope definition of all projects. This role will define the project requirements with clients, coordinate the activities of in-house team members, private-sector consultants, contractors as well as ensure that project scope, time, cost and quality objectives are met. The Project Delivery Intern will manage multidiscipline projects involving Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines. The position will also ensure that all phases of project activities comply with government and Ministry legislation, policies, guidelines, standards and procedures.
Main responsibilities of the Project Delivery Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in establishing project teams and providing leadership as well as management to successfully deliver projects
- Assisting in establishing project scope and parameters to meet requirements of applicable Ministry and Government standards and guidelines
- Establishing and maintaining project budgets and schedules
- Ensuring the design, tender and construction processes for projects are managed appropriately
- Maintaining and monitoring administrative controls for projects
- Two-year technical diploma in a related field (ex. Architecture or Engineering) PLUS two years of related experience
- Equivalencies will be considered on a one year of experience for one year of education or vise versa
Experience or knowledge that will be considered and asset:
- Certification as a construction administrator or project manager and training in management skills and relevant software applications
- Working knowledge of software tools used to carry out responsibilities (i.e. Microsoft Word, MS Project, Excel, Consultant Selection and Management System as well as other project management software)
- Planning and management principles as well as techniques and the ability to administer control systems while managing contracts
- Planning, design and construction documentation requirements
- Design and construction theories, disciplines and processes including those relating to architecture, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering as well as contract law
- Prior knowledge of facility planning and operations, design and construction processes and standards as well as documentation requirements of the Ministry
- Knowledge of project management techniques and methodologies to manage all phases of a project from conception through to design tendering, award and construction
- An understanding of decision-making processes used within the Ministry and government as well as sensitivity to the political environment in which the Ministry and Branch operate
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
Agility: Take action and remain objective under pressure while making well-thought through decisions
Build Collaborative Environments: Promote positive conflict resolution by identifying issues and facilitating discussion and/or coaching to constructively resolve conflict
Systems Thinking: Take a holistic and long-term view of challenges while integrating in-depth knowledge of underlying issues, the political environment and potential risks when considering possible actions
Creative Problem Solving: Identify several analytical techniques and sources of knowledge to solve problems
$2,268.66 to $2,971.22 bi-weekly ($59,212 - $77,548/year).
Hours of Work:
7.25 hours a day / 36.25 hours a week.
Term of Employment:
Full-Time, temporary up to 2 years
- A valid driver’s license is required for some travel
- Accommodation will be made if needed
Pre-employment checks will be completed to assess the candidate’s suitability for a role. These checks can include (but are not limited to): references, criminal record check, academic verification, driver’s abstract et cetera.
Instructions for your Resume:
For Employment Experience:
Please indicate duration of employment (month, year)
Please specify employment status (i.e. Casual, part-time or full-time)
Ex: Youth Worker, Jan 2006 - June 2009, Part-time (three 8 hr. shifts/week)
For any Post-Secondary Education:
Please specify your major and length of program
Please specify the year you graduated
Ex: Bachelor of Social Work, 4-year Degree (Graduated 2017)
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs.
- Professional learning and development.
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance.
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements.
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for Applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the job description, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Michele Murphy at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check