New Job Product Manager, Head Of Product - Business And Consumer Services (Program Admin Officer 4) In Nova Scotia
|Product Manager, Head of Product - Business and Consumer Services (Program Admin Officer 4)|
Product Manager, Head of Product - Business and Consumer Services (Program Admin Officer 4)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,183–$7,262 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Salary: $3,091.70 - $3,631.17 Bi-Weekly
Department: Cyber Security & Digital Solutions*
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Apply By: 7/12/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
About the Department of Cyber Security and Digital Solutions* (CSDS)
Welcome to the Department of Cyber Security and Digital Solutions* (CSDS), where we are evolving the digital landscape of the Government of Nova Scotia. As pioneers in digital transformation, our mission is to design, deliver, and support user-centered public services that make a real difference to Nova Scotians. We work collaboratively across government departments and with diverse partners to meet digital needs and drive transformation.
At CSDS, you'll become part of a passionate, diverse team that champions innovation and values the richness of multiple perspectives. We're more than an IT department; we're a community of individuals dedicated to enabling digital transformation while bolstering cybersecurity across the province. Our users come from all walks of life, and we embrace that diversity within our own team, understanding that every unique voice strengthens our collective impact.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of digital services in Nova Scotia.
- Formerly known as the Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS) group, a part of the previously named Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
We are on the lookout for someone passionate about using product management to transform public services to join our Head of Product team. As a Product Manager of Business and Consumer digital services, you will lead the development of a modernized Tenancy Information System to help support Government’s housing priorities using principles of human-centered design and internet-era ways of working. You will also be responsible for the on-going success and continuous improvement of digital services in the Business and Consumer portfolio.
Your Role and Its Impact
As a Product Manager, Head of Product, your responsibilities will include:
- Diving deep to understand the people of Nova Scotia and their problems, and champion those problems with your product team to craft and share a product vision for how we can best solve these problems.
- Building solid relationships with partners to understand users' needs, program goals, and the program's policies and operational constraints so that you can develop products that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Setting measurable goals for your products and reporting against these to demonstrate progress and build trust amongst users and partners.
- Motivating your team and everyone around you through great storytelling and communication.
- Planning the digital product backlog with multi-disciplinary agile delivery teams that includes our designers, developers, program owners, and policy analysts.
- Working in the open to help improve service delivery.
- Building trust with our government partners and developing their understanding of the benefits of user-centred service design and delivery.
- Providing product management advice and guidance across government to share expertise and build digital capacity in government.
How You Will Make an Impact
Your work will be instrumental in driving the digital transformation of government services in Nova Scotia. Your strategic leadership and dedication to user-centered platform services will simplify and expedite the delivery of digital solutions that are focused on our citizens.
Who You Are
You're a servant leader, with strategic leadership experience and a track record of delivery. Your adaptability, humbleness, and curiosity are the keys to your continuous growth. You are a strong communicator and relationship builder, comfortable presenting to diverse groups. You are open to agile work methods and are always bringing innovative ideas to the table.
What You Bring to The Table
We value a diverse range of experiences and perspectives. We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Senior-level experience in the public or private sector, delivering transformational change to achieve cost savings and service improvements.
- Proficiency in internet-era practices and the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams to achieve business and policy outcomes.
- Knowledge of the technology landscape and marketplace.
- A deep understanding of government as a platform and experience in delivering end user services.
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence, teamwork, and collaboration.
We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table.
If you don’t “check all the boxes”, we encourage you to apply anyway and tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
We value diversity of thought and believe that the best teams are those that bring together people with a range of experiences and perspectives.
Benefits and Perks
At the CSDS with the Government of Nova Scotia, we are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment with numerous benefits and opportunities:
Work-Life Balance: Maintain a healthy work-life balance with a 35-hour work week.
Secure Your Future: Take advantage of our defined benefits pension plan for a stable retirement.
Generous Time Off: Enjoy all national/civic holidays, 18 sick days, and family leave provisions.
Flexible Work Arrangements: Accommodate your needs with various options for flexibility.
Employee and Family Support: Access our Employee and Family Assistance Programs for resources and guidance.
Support in Times of Need: Receive short- and long-term disability assistance when required.
Cross-Sector Collaboration: Experience the power of collaboration as you engage with various government departments. Unlock a world of knowledge, expertise, and connections, contributing to the betterment of our province.
Growth & Development: Open doors to professional growth within the CDSD and beyond. Explore diverse career paths in specialized areas such as digital service design, cybersecurity, enterprise risk, digital platform services, and mission IT.
Lifelong Learning: Continuously expand your knowledge and skills through training and development programs.
Professional Advancement: Immerse yourself in the government landscape and discover endless opportunities for learning, advancement, and making a meaningful impact.
Join the Department of Cyber Security & Digital Solutions and experience the benefits of a fulfilling career, supported by comprehensive perks, career development opportunities, and a diverse range of paths to explore within our department and across the government.
Pay Grade: PR 17
Salary Range: $3,091.70 - $3,631.17 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].