New Job Procurement Specialist In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $75,356–$87,294 a year
Location : Yukon
Highways and Public Works – who we are
The Property Management Division of Highways and Public Works builds and maintains government buildings and provides real property management to ensure safe workplaces for Yukon government employees and public access to government services. We manage Yukon government building assets by delivering planning, design, project management, maintenance, security, cleaning and grounds-keeping services throughout the Yukon. We employ tradespeople, analysts, labourers, administrators and more - there are a variety of exciting career opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this position will be the expert on the Government of Yukon (YG) procurement framework and will provide expert advice and support to procurement authorities in each branch within Property Management Division (PMD).
The position is responsible for preparing procurement and contract documents in compliance with government contracting policies and practices, and for managing information related to procurements issued and contracts awarded. The incumbent works with the Procurement Support Centre in developing, implementing and analysing contract performance metrics; provides supplementary procurement training for staff; and ensures that procurement issues are resolved in accordance with procedural fairness, openness, transparency and value for money.
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below; specifically, how your work experience and related duties align with these essential qualifications. (Ensure a month/year to month/year format is used for each work experience. For more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon government posting please refer to here. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.)
- Experience with contracting and/or procurement activities (including preparing contract and tender documents);
- Experience interpreting and ensuring compliance with regulations, acts and policies;
- Recent experience as projects administrator, projects coordinator, or office administration preferably in building construction, architecture or design; and
- Experience analyzing information to prepare reports (preferably to provide advice on procurement activities).
- If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Taking Action and Achieving Results: Focuses, commits, and applies resources to identify and achieve appropriate results
- Demonstrating Client Focus: Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients
- Influencing Others: Generates commitment while inspiring others. Builds coalitions internally and externally, to reach the organization’s goals by using a variety of methods and adapting influence approaches, and by effectively using knowledge of how the organization really works.
- Thinking Strategically: Takes a comprehensive, long-term view, critically assessing options and implications, while linking decisions to strategic goals.
In addition, candidates may be assessed on:
- Written and verbal communication: Comfortable with and able to communicate clearly in person, over the phone or via email.
- Attention to detail; and
- Time management: Coordinates and completes competing tasks in accordance with strict deadlines and work with frequent interruptions.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Kinesi Mills, Senior Project Manager, Highways and Public Works, at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Jennifer Lyon, Human Resources Consultant, Highways and Public Works, at [email protected]