New Job Policy Analyst In Yukon
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $91,749–$106,467 a year
Location : Yukon
Health and Social Services
This is to hire one (1) term position, ending July 1, 2024
Please note the eligibility list may be used to hire future full-time and part-time terms, AOC’s, and casual positions.
This unit provides policy and other program supports to Health and Social Services, including Family and Children’s Services, Social Supports branch, Insured Health, Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services, Community Health and others. Policy analysts work closely with management and front-line staff to provide expertise, analysis and strategic solutions. Analysts draft operational policies, decision notes, options papers and other written materials as required, and support the development of new initiatives and programs.
As an experienced policy analyst, you will be responsible for developing and implementing policy and program materials related to a number of interesting and innovative projects in Health and Social Services. You will be able to refine ideas and options and work independently to develop documents and products for use by internal and external stakeholders. To be successful in one of these roles, you will have a keen understanding of policy and program development and approval processes, have an eye for detail, strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be comfortable juggling multiple time-sensitive priorities and taking ownership of projects to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
For more information about the Divisional Policy Analyst position, please contact: Alanna Hennessey, Manager, Divisional Policy at (867) 332-0936 or [email protected]
For assistance on how to apply on this posting, please contact E-Recruitment Client Support at (867) 667-9453 or [email protected]
For all other questions on this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan, HR Consultant at (867) 332-5768 or [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to the email addresses above; applications will only be accepted through the E-Recruitment system. Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible by visiting our E-Recruitment website re: applications.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format. For more assistance on how to write a resume for Yukon Government, please visit our E-recruitment How-To webpage.
- Degree in Political or Social Sciences, Public Policy, Business or Public Administration, or other acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Experience leading and developing written materials for a variety of audiences, such as reports, briefing notes, options papers, casework responses and other policy development products;
- Experience researching, compiling, and synthesizing information to provide evidence-based recommendations
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organization/project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects/priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to develop policy related products;
- Ability to address client needs, interests and priorities;
- Ability to establish successful partnerships through collaboration and cooperation with people with diverse and conflicting interests;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in collaboration with First Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment under pressure.
Condition of Employment: WHMIS 2015 within one month of hire, class 5 drivers license
Job Requirements: This position involves working in an office environment; occasional travel may be required.