New Job Operations Specialist - Hdv In New Brunswick
|Operations Specialist - HDV|
Operations Specialist - HDV
Company : Harbour Development
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company. Harbour Development specializes with delivering professional services in all aspects of marine dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders throughout Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Western Canada.
We operate a fleet of spud barge dredges, shallow draft workboats, tugboats, cranes, and dump scows, that is primarily located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Operations Specialist. The successful candidate will be assisting with the day-to-day operations of the dredges.
- Execute and ensure work is being carried out in a safe and efficient manner to hit project completion timelines
- Identify and implement department needs in terms of standards, training, and improvement opportunities.
- Document company policies, processes and procedures, and develop training material for new employees
- Support crewing processes, including hiring new personnel, developing crew schedules, and identifying gaps
- Provide updates to customers on the status of the projects
- Support and contribute to operations projects, including continuous improvement and safety initiatives
- Maintaining regular communication with various departments to help ensure that work aligns with standards, specifications, and schedules.
- Monitor production processes and work methods, and collect, compile and analyze production data to identify opportunities to improve production processes.
- Advance the company’s Health & Safety and Environmental initiatives. Conduct routine audits, liaise with relevant committees, and coordinate training.
Training, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) considered an asset
- Comfortable with technology and learning new applications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong safety leadership skills and safety record
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently, make decisions, and develop recommendations.
- Commitment to continuous education and professional growth
- Experience in Marine Operations considered an asset
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online. We appreciate your interest in our company. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.