New Job National Tax Associate - Summer 2024 In Alberta
|National Tax Associate - Summer 2024|
National Tax Associate - Summer 2024
Company : RSM US LLP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
The Tax professionals at RSM Canada provide effective tax advice and innovative planning to both public and private clients in order to help reduce their tax burden and enhance their company’s financial performance. Our professional tax staff stay current on the latest changes impacting client businesses and deliver tax solutions that are practical yet creative. As a Tax Associate in Canada National Tax Office, you will report to the Tax Managers and Partners and will be responsible for a variety of tax-technical and thought leadership engagements (both corporate and personal).
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Strong research and writing skills, experience with tax research software an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
- A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably Accounting, CPA, JD, LLB or equivalent qualification. In-Depth Tax Course, or MTax degree considered an asset
- Dedication and strong commitment to professional excellence
- Ability to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- High motivation and a desire to build a career with RSM
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Monitor new federal and provincial legislative proposals as they make their way into law
- Research on latest tax developments and write articles for public and private clients
- Develop market-focused webcasts and tax materials
- Present tax materials to RSM tax practitioners and external clients
- Communicate important legislative developments to tax practitioners, external clients, including for our regular Tax Alerts publication
- Work collaboratively with RSM tax teams to develop tax tools to provide effective client services
** To be considered, you must attach transcripts to your resume as a single document ***
In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing.
Currently, RSM does not intend to hire candidates for entry level positions who will need, now or in the future, RSM sponsorship through any non-immigrant visa category such as the H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, O-1, or TN.
RSM is committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-274-3978 or send us an email at [email protected].
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.