New Job Miller Paving Atlantic | Asphalt Plant Groundsperson 1 In New Brunswick
|MILLER PAVING ATLANTIC | Asphalt Plant Groundsperson 1|
MILLER PAVING ATLANTIC | Asphalt Plant Groundsperson 1
Company : Colas
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Subsidiary: Miller Paving Limited
Location: Moncton, NB
The Miller Group is on a mission to build greatness, starting with our biggest asset, our people. We invest in employees by providing the tools and support they need to accomplish their professional goals and succeed in their roles to build a long, rewarding career with us. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team and contribute to our success. Miller's proud reputation is based on improving the transportation infrastructure across the country by excelling in construction, technical & maintenance services and materials production since 1917.
MacDonald Paving and Construction is part of Miller Paving Atlantic, based in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. MacDonald Paving and Construction provides the public and private sectors with road construction, paving, road and structure rehabilitation, engineering construction, aggregate- based materials, highway operations and maintenance services.
As an Asphalt Plant Groundsperson, You Will:
- Perform a variety of tasks including shovelling asphalt, hand sweeping and tack at the plant site
- Groundsperson is responsible for performing physical labour during all phases of production
- The Groundsperson provides a broad range of support in areas, such as, moving materials, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation
- Comply with safe working procedures and practices
- Ensure work-site is organized and free of clutter, garbage
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Previous experience in road work and asphalt paving and/or general construction
- Proficiency in working with hand tools
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Dependable and reliable
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as required
- Willingness and ability to travel, required
- Ability to promote a positive and safe work environment in a physically demanding and fast paced work environment
Miller is proud to provide this unique career opportunity, we offer continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package. At our core; we are our people. We succeed because we respect our people and invest in their development, safety and well-being. Miller is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key attributes to building greatness. Miller’s core values of Integrity and Community welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Accountability, means that we own our actions, our decisions and our results. As a Miller employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to our inclusive culture.
We will contact candidates selected for an interview. Accommodation for applications with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.