New Job Manufacturing Engineer In Manitoba
Company : Motor Coach Industries
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
MCI is North America’s public and private market motor coach leader. Products include the luxury J-Series(an industry best-seller for over a decade), the workhorse D-Series, and the brand new zero-emission luxury and commuter coaches: the battery-electric J4500 CHARGE™ and MCI D45 CRT LE CHARGE™. MCI also provides maintenance, repair, 24-hour roadside assistance, parts, and technician training through the industry’s only Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) accredited MCI Academy. Further information is available at www.mcicoach.com.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with and support the production team by providing technical support on issues related to the coach build. Builds include but are not limited to concept, prototype, pilot, first and production builds. Manufacturing Engineer will assist production with the first and subsequent builds of new systems and proto type designs; prepare proposed design changes or revisions and assist with accuracy audits and root cause analysis, as well as participate in continuous improvement events.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assists production with the first and subsequent builds of new systems or revisions to existing systems.
- Assists with production planning tasks ensuring plant is ready for upcoming coaches.
- Provides point of use routing and the assembly sequence for all components through the subassembly and coach assembly line.
- Prepares proposed design changes or revisions to correct the current design.
- Continually identifies, suggests and implements cost reduction projects to reduce the overall cost of the coach.
- Assists with audits that measure the bill of material and routing accuracies; identifying root cause of inaccuracies.
- Reviews tooling and fixture needs to improve the assembly process.
- Researches the latest technology and manufacturing practices or identifies improvements to current practices/ processes and introduces these into production.
- Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements (procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.)
- Attends Problem solving meetings where a cross functional team will review given areas and make marked improvements in process.
- Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements (procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.).
- Participate in lean and six sigma manufacturing initiatives as they relate to site as assigned such as 5S, value stream mapping etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Certified Mechanical/Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer or Engineering Technologist or acceptable equivalent of education and/or experience.
- One to five-year experience in a manufacturing setting preferable in transportation, automotive or bus
- Familiarity/experience in a Six sigma, LEAN, JIT environment.
- English language fluency (read, write, speak and understand).
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and documentation (e.g. blue prints).
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision and process oriented.
- Computer skills: typing, ability to use of Microsoft Office and Windows, etc.
- Experience with Autocad or CAD/CAM software is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working with people in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen and/or able to legally work in the United States
*This role is based at our Pembina, ND facility working 4 x10 hour days
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer ten times since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.nfi.parts, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.arbocsv.com, and www.carfaircomposites.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- This role is based permanently at our Pembina, North Dakota, USA location. Are you either a Canadian Citizen and/or able to legally work in the United States?
Work Location: In person