New Job Manager, Marketing And Communications In Saskatchewan
|Manager, Marketing and Communications|
Manager, Marketing and Communications
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Employees’ Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness leads the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA is pursuing a new governance and operating structure as a not-for-profit corporation at arm's length from the Government of Saskatchewan. It is anticipated this transition will be complete by 2024. You can find more information about this change on the PEBA website.
PEBA is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to lead a team of six communications consultants to build awareness of our products and services and help members plan for a successful future. This 11-month term is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their leadership skills and be part of developing strategies to transition PEBA to an independent agency with a digital-first client focus. You will lead your team in developing integrated strategies including website and social media, as well as traditional newsletters and fact sheets.
Reporting to the Director, Education and Engagement, this position will be responsible to:
- Lead and coach a high-performing team, each of whom have assigned portfolios and internal clients;
- Be part of a leadership team developing integrated digital, social and traditional communications and member engagement strategies;
- Guide the development of a wide array of strategic communications and marketing plans working with internal clients;
- Provide creative direction for the communications materials/projects produced in-house, ensuring consistent visual identity and external messaging in alignment with the Agency’s strategic plan;
- Manage ongoing evaluation and analytics of marketing and communication strategies and tactics, reporting on a quarterly basis against PEBA’s operational plan;
- Manage the Agency’s annual internal communications plan;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Agency leadership, and build relationships with communications managers who work for PEBA’s pension employers and other stakeholders;
- Manage PEBA’s social media strategy in order to sustain and strengthen the Agency’s social media engagement with members and other stakeholders;
- Develop, implement and track the annual budget for communications and marketing activities;
- Contribute to the overall planning and strategic direction of the branch in order to support the key goals of the Agency and ensure operations are innovative, economic, efficient and effective; and
- Maintain regular communication and effective working relationships with Agency management, staff, external vendors and consultants.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- leadership strengths that promote inclusion, engagement and foster an innovative, collaborative environment;
- a solid track record of building and maintaining positive relationships across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders;
- knowledge and experience in developing communications and marketing materials;
- knowledge and experience in graphic design;
- knowledge and experience in communications, marketing and/or digital/social media strategic planning; and
- strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with and influence a variety of stakeholders.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required in this position are obtained through:
- post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or a related discipline, supplemented by five or more years of related work experience;
- certification or accreditation in communications, digital and social media would be considered an asset for this position;
- experience in the pension/finance industry would also be considered an asset; and
- experience in successfully leading and coaching others would be considered an asset.
Please indicate in your cover letter the reasons you are interested in and qualified for this position.
What We Offer
PEBA offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- flexible work arrangements; and
- vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.