New Job Manager, Accounting And Reporting In Saskatchewan
|Manager, Accounting and Reporting|
Manager, Accounting and Reporting
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $7,049–$9,165 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Environment takes a team-based approach to protecting Saskatchewan’s environment for the well-being of the province, its people and its future. We use science-based solutions and environmental laws to help safeguard communities and to protect our air, land, water and habitat.
The Budget and Reporting Branch within the Ministry of Environment is seeking an innovative and highly motivated individual with superior accounting, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills for the position of Manager, Accounting and Reporting.
As part of the management team reporting to the Director of Budget and Reporting, this position:
- Provides leadership and management, and will be responsible for the operations of the Accounting Policy and Reporting unit;
- Plans, directs and manages the activities of professional accountants and business systems staff members involved in the accounting (journal entries, debit memos, and revenue estimations), the preparation of financial statements in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Standards, Provincial Auditor requests, and implement financial system changes to ensure internal controls;
- Oversees the accounting functions for the Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport (through a shared services agreement) and various special purpose funds;
- Leads financial system improvements and fixes on behalf of the ministries and funds supported by the Ministry of Environment; and,
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new initiatives, policies, procedures and programs.
The successful candidate will require knowledge of government, financial, budgetary and legislative processes and policies, be results-orientated and be able to plan the work for the unit. Using strong conceptual and collaborative problem-solving and relationship building skills, you will facilitate and negotiate solutions to complex issues among a diverse range of individuals. The position demands the knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (for both Public Sector and Private Sector entities) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position is acquired through an undergraduate degree in Commerce/Business Administration supplemented with a professional accounting designation (CPA, CPA CMA, CPA CGA, CPA CA) and related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.