New Job Library Student Shelver In British Columbia
|Library Student Shelver|
Library Student Shelver
Company : District of West Vancouver
Salary : $19.16 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Successful candidates will possess the following:
· Completion of Grade 9
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to communicate tactfully, courteously, and effectively with patrons of all ages and with other employees
· Experience following established procedures
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, including pushing heavy carts, bending, and standing for long periods of time
This position is ideal for students who seek to gain new experiences and skills in the public library setting. Completion of Grade 9 or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required and the successful candidate must be currently enrolled in high school or an accredited university or college part time (half-time enrollment or greater) or full time program. Successful candidates must also have availability to work weekday evenings and weekends.
Union (WVMEA) – Casual
Hours of Work:
Hours and days of work may vary (less than 19 hours per week)
Starting Rate of Pay:
$19.16 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits
This position has a pay structure with two steps increase after certain hours.
11:59 p.m. on Monday, July 31, 2023
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.