New Job Library Assistant 3B - Pt In Ontario
|Library Assistant 3B - Pt|
Library Assistant 3B - Pt
Company : City of Mississauga
Salary : $25.23–$30.62 an hour
Location : Ontario
Req ID: 23663
Vacancy Type: Combination
Number of Positions: 4
Closing Date: 07/16/2023
1 Part-Time Position, 20 up to 48 hours biweekly at Erin Meadows Library
1 Part-Time Position, 20 up to 48 hours biweekly at Frank McKechnie Library
1 Temporary, Part-Time Position, up to 1 year, 20 up to 48 hours biweekly at Cooksville Library
1 Temporary, Part-Time Position, up to 1 year, 20 up to 48 hours biweekly at Courtneypark Library
Providing customer service with circulation, material handling routines, reference and reader’s advisory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides reference and readers' advisory.
- Assists with and may conduct programs.
- Provides circulation services, including cash handling.
- Performs materials handling routines such as emptying the drop box, packing and unpacking boxes, sorting onto trucks, retrieving materials, AV problems, periodicals, processing, labels, repairs and linking.
- Performs routines related to holds.
- Provides direction to volunteers as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- SUNDAY WORK MAY BE REQUIRED
Please note: This is a bargaining unit position. CUPE Local 1989 members will be given consideration for this vacancy, as per the collective agreement, followed by all other employees.
Prospective applicants should consult article 16.03 of the Collective Agreement under job postings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Secondary school graduation.
- Some library experience and post-secondary education would be an asset.
- Effective interpersonal skills are essential in dealing with the staff and public.
- Effective written and oral skills in English are essential.
- Demonstrated keyboarding ability.
- Familiarity with Enterprise and Workflows, Internet, Windows, and Microsoft Office would be an asset.
- Some lifting is involved.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $25.23 - $30.62
Hours of Work: 20 up to 48 hours biweekly
Work Location: Various Locations
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Mississauga Library , Library Facilities & Operations
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.