New Job Hvac Technician In Nunavut
Company : Nasittuq Corporation
Salary : $46–$48 an hour
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
HVAC TECHNICIAN (Multiple Opportunities)
- Be part of dynamic team that is safety driven and values work-life balance.
- We reward hard work through professional training and career opportunities.
- Experience (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic.
Where you will be working
CFS Alert is the northernmost permanently inhabited settlements in the world. It is currently a military station located in Nunavut on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. The area features beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna which thrives all year long. CFS Alert is a true cold gem located in the Canadian Arctic that only a few get to see.
About the role
Nasittuq is looking for multiple HVAC technicians to join our operations team in (CFS) Alert, Nunavut. As an HVAC technician, you are a motivated individual capable of adapting to changing priorities while working in a safe and efficient manner. This is a great opportunity to grow your career in an industrial environment.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be:
- Perform preventative maintenance on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning mechanical systems
- Perform repairs on the mechanical systems and install replacements
- Accurately record all work orders in daily logs or preventative maintenance books for the facilities, as well as records or normal and abnormal operating conditions and malfunctions along with corrective actions taken
What you will bring:
- Red Seal HVAC Technician
- 5+ years experience as a Journeyperson in a commercial/industrial setting
- Must possess ODS Certification
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre-employment medical
- As overnighting in Thule Greenland is a requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
What we offer:
The HVAC Technician role in Alert is Fly-In Fly-out. Our permanent positions are scheduled on 8x8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- Salary rate: $46.03 - $48.0 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- An additional $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment
- Outdoor activities, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 48 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
We provide exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defense (DND). Nasittuq Corporation offers Indigenous applicants who want to start on a new path or further their career opportunities for development. These programs include formal apprenticeship programs and informal in-house training and development opportunities.
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process.
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advice us if you require any accommodations.
IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQTUT ILAGIJAUQATAULLUTIK NUNAVUT NUNANGANNI NUNALIRINIRNMUT ANGIRUTIUSIMAJUNUT SIVULLIQPAUTAUNIAQTUT IQQANAIJAAQTAARTITAUJUNNAQTUNUT. IKAJUQTURPATSI IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQATAUJUSI NALUNAIQSIQULLUSI ILAGIJAUQATAUNITSINNIK
.ᐱᓇᔪᒃᑐᑦ ᓄᓇᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᓄᓇᑖᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᖏᖃᑎᒌᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᓂᕈᐊᒐᒃᓴᖁᑎᑎᑦ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᓂᕐᓂᒃ.