New Job Human Resources Assistant In Ontario
|Human Resources Assistant|
Human Resources Assistant
Company : City of Belleville
Salary : $58,387–$69,509 a year
Location : Ontario
Job Details: Human Resources Assistant
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
The City of Belleville, known as the ‘Friendly City’, is located at the mouth of the Moira River where it meets the picturesque Bay of Quinte. Experience world-class fishing, boating, cycling, and walking along approximately 14 kilometers of waterfront trails. Situated between Toronto and Montreal, and less than one hour from the U.S. border, the City truly is at the center of it all. Over 56,000 people make Belleville their home and over 220,000 live within 30 minutes of the City. We are in close proximity to Prince Edward County where you can discover award winning wineries and numerous beaches including Sandbanks Provincial Park. We are home to Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology as well as Albert College, Canada’s oldest co-ed boarding independent private school. The historic downtown core provides numerous restaurants, shopping and live music and theatre venues for an amazing cultural experience. Our inviting blend of small town warmth and big city amenities, quality of life and affordable housing make Belleville the perfect place to live, work and play. More information is available at www.belleville.ca.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, this position is responsible for providing human resources administrative and clerical support for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department and coordinates training
programs through Human Resources for the City.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs administrative, technical, and clerical duties in a highly confidential environment.
- Provides reception/telephone support to Human Resources by screening incoming telephone calls, receiving Department visitors, answering inquiries from the public and staff or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the department.
- Creates, maintains, and updates human resources files and application for employment files.
- Opens, sorts, distributes, and files incoming correspondence, including private and confidential material.
- Records and monitors status of temporary employment information.
- Conducts, analyzes survey data, and completes surveys for various external associations.
- Conducts Policy research to assist with Policy development and revisions.
- Handles confidential and labour relations correspondence.
- Prepare and maintain files and tracking system for grievances.
- Responsible for processing cheque vouchers and purchase orders.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate inventory level of office supplies by monitoring supply inventory, identifying supply needs and ordering.
- Assists with recruiting administrative activities as required.
- Coordinates training programs by advertising internally, arranging rooms, booking candidates, monitoring training invoices and liaising with trainers.
- Assist Safety, Wellness, Labour Relations Administrator with coordination of training programs (i.e., training packages, room bookings, refreshments, attendance records, etc.)
- Initiates performance appraisal forms for completion and monitors return from appropriate department.
- Produce HRIS reports as required.
- Update employee addresses as required.
Employee Awards Program:
- Manages the employees' awards program and retirements by ordering, picking up and distributing the gifts and retirement gifts.
Temporary Support Pool:
- Coordinate and administer temporary support pool (i.e., assigning support pool staff to departments, maintaining an adequate inventory of available support pool staff, etc.)
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Two-year diploma from a community college or business college in office administration or human resources management.
- Extensive knowledge in HRIS and Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid Class G Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Two (2) years administrative experience, preferably in a municipal government setting.
- Experience dealing with private and confidential information.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- OMERS Pension Plan.
- Opportunity to join an expanding HR Department, in a change-management environment.
- Live, work, and play in the beautiful city of Belleville and experience all that it has to offer.
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Closing Date: July 19th, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
Department: Human Resources
File Number: SV23-91
Employee Group: Admin
Hours: 35 Hours, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Salary Rate: $58,387 - $69,509
How to Apply:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.