New Job Government Security Officer In Ontario
|Government Security Officer|
Government Security Officer
Company : SAP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Government Security Officer
Location: Canada – Remote/Hybrid, preferably Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver
Expected Travel: 10-25%
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
The SAP Government Security unit is looking for a Senior Security Officer who will manage security projects and contribute to the expansion of capabilities that address the unique requirements of security sensitive organizations across public sector and regulated industry in Canada. You will build strong relationships with internal delivery, operations, and support teams, and with government authorities. You will collaborate with customer security teams, employees, and partners to establish a shared understanding of requirements, support customer engagements and deliver results. Being accountable for ensuring strict compliance with applicable government regulations and unique customer security requirements, you will implement security projects and controls either as a project lead or as an individual contributor on a matrixed delivery team.
Core responsibilities include:
Expand SAP Canada’s capabilities for handling government Protected and Classified information
- Produce and maintain high quality documentation critical to security certification
- Foster security culture, provide risk management advice, and drive continuous improvement
- Develop, document, and maintain business processes using Business Process Model and Notation
- Innovate and automate with office productivity tools and engineering teams to improve compliance and increase team output
- Play a leading role to the secure development of technological solutions for Digital Sovereignty including Cloud Data Protection Architectures, Data Security, Accountability and Privacy technologies
- Develop effective reports and visualizations for management and external stakeholders
- Manage information and drive improvement in information management lifecycles
- Support the fulfillment of Contract Security Program requirements including administering and processing security clearances, and maintaining security awareness training
- Be a member of SAP Canada's Government Security team and serve as an Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO)
- Maximize your potential, grow your professional network, continuously learn, and build a unique understanding of software delivery models in government and regulated industry.
You are a self-starting, resilient, goal-oriented individual eager to learn and contribute on a broader team. You embody a positive can-do attitude, are team oriented, open minded, always curious and have a passion for solving problems. You like to work on meaningful projects and are energized by working across diverse teams. You have an interest in developing and growing your security and compliance knowledge and experience in a global company that is enabling some of the most security conscious organizations in the world.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Significant experience delivering projects related to technology and/or information management
- Experience with Business Analyst, Project Management, Security Management, and/or Information Management roles
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS cloud technology such as OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure, or SAP
- Experience working with classified systems in the past ten years
- Experience implementing and/or managing security controls
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- A propensity to collaborate and work on a team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and ability to lead and influence
- Working knowledge of government security regulations
- Knowledge of RCMP physical security standards
- Knowledge of government security regulations outside Canada is an asset
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully obtain and maintain a government security clearance. An existing Government of Canada security clearance is desirable.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Other languages considered an asset
ABOUT THE TEAM
The SAP Government Security unit is part of the SAP CEO Board Area and has a mandate to ensure strict fulfillment of regulatory obligations in the context of various contract security programs world-wide. The SAP Government Security team in Canada focuses on obligations and risks associated with Canadian federal, provincial, municipal, and highly regulated industry customers with special security requirements.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 376345 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 20% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Canada #LI-Hybrid.