New Job Food Service Supervisor In British Columbia
|Food Service Supervisor|
Food Service Supervisor
Company : Fraser Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Do you have a real passion for serving others and supervising a team? Are you looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a dynamic nutrition environment? If you've answered “yes”, then we want you to keep reading! We hire great people for outstanding jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. We are currently looking for a Casual Food Service Supervisor to join our Food & Nutrition Services Team at Queen's Park Care Centre located in New Westminster, B.C.
This vacancy is subject to the requirements of the Facility Staff Assignment Order (the “SSO”) issued by the Fraser Health’s Medical Health Officer further to the Order issued by the Provincial Health Officer on April 10th 2020 (amended April 15th 2020) (the “PHO Order”). While these Orders are in effect the successful applicant to this vacancy will be limited to working in only one (1) private long-term care hospital, licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital or provincial mental health facility (the “Facilities”).
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Oversees the department activities for an assigned location in the distribution and service of foods to residents and clients including the supervision of designated staff.Responsibilities:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance in conjunction with the Manager and determining related orientation and training requirements.
- Supervises and checks food service tray line to ensure that established standards of food appearance, quality and portion control are met; oversees the preparation, portioning and serving of meals including the loading and distribution of meals to designated FH sites.
- Maintains and updates tray tickets through manual changes and computer input; assists in the printing and highlighting of meal runs, tray tickets and bursting of the tray tickets.
- Calls in relief staff according to departmental guidelines and collective agreement provisions; accepts calls from staff regarding illness or absences from work; receives vacation and leave requests and forwards to the Manager for approval.
- Following established procedures, maintains inventory levels of paper, chemical supplies, dish towels, rags, china and silverware; orders and maintains inventory of food supplies and nutritional supplements.
- Participates in the departmental Quality Assurance Program through activities such as the completion of tray audits, sanitation and safety audits, temperature records and plate waste audits; discusses audit results with the Manager and assigns duties pursuant to findings, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with safety and sanitation standards by performing duties such as checking equipment to ensure that it is in working condition; checks and ensures work areas are sanitary and food is stored at the correct temperature; ensures safety practices and procedures within the Department are followed as per established guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Monitors and identifies the needs for change in job routines for positions reporting to the Food Service Supervisor; provides input through meetings and discussions regarding the development and updating of job descriptions to areas of responsibility.
- Maintains and updates computerized records such as the Master Staffing Schedule and records such as those for sick leave, statutory holiday, vacation and leaves of absences.
- Records in the Maintenance Log Book all routine maintenance requirements and following established procedures; arranges for emergent maintenance requirements and advises regarding maintenance work required and on completion.
- Assists in the attendance maintenance program through such activities as involvement in interviews with staff and completion of documentation and record keeping.
- Provides input through meetings and discussions into the update and development of policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a recognized two year program in Food Service Supervision, plus one (1) year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current Food Safe Level II certificate.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to supervise
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment