New Job Field Survey Technician In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Field Survey technician|
Field Survey technician
Company : Landmark Surveys & Engineering Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Landmark Surveys & Engineering Limited is seeking a Survey Technician to join our growing team in Central Newfoundland (Grand Falls-Windsor and/or Gander office). This position will include involvement in both complex legal and engineering survey projects throughout NL.
Landmark is looking for a new full-time team member that either lives in Central NL or is willing to relocate. This position is not for an individual looking for turn-around type work. The ideal candidate is a positive, technology-savvy geomatics technician or engineer with keen problem-solving skills, is self-motivated, and enjoys being part of an energetic team focused on clients, quality and continual learning.
Serving Newfoundland & Labrador since 1974, Landmark is the largest independent land surveying & geomatics engineering firm in Newfoundland. We are proudly 100% Newfoundland & Labrador owned and operated. Landmark offer specialized services in legal land surveying, UAV LiDAR & photogrammetry, marine hydrography, terrestrial lidar scanning, construction layout, topographic surveys, dimensional control, precision surveying, drafting, GIS, and general survey consulting.
Landmark provide legal land surveying services for private residential, commercial, Crown Lands, cabin lots, subdivisions, and geomatics engineering solutions for mining & energy, utilities, construction, environmental, transportation, and R&D.
-Ability to lead a survey crew and work alone for a wide variety of surveying work including legal, engineering, construction, bathymetric and topographic surveys.
-Undertake surveys using equipment such as GPS, Total Station, LiDAR scanner, UAV photo/LiDAR sensors & marine echo sounders.
-Perform CAD duties for survey layout and calculations both in the field and in the office, and prepare clear, concise, and accurate field notes of work.
-Act as a representative of our company in the field providing respectful and knowledgeable liaison between the office and client in the field.
-Inspect, operate, and maintain survey equipment and vehicles.
-Travel will be required on an as-needed basis and there is potential for travel to remote sites.
-Ensure full compliance and active participation in Landmark’s Health and Safety Program.
· Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent amount of related experience.
· Minimum of 5 years of surveying experience.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroSurvey, or similar products.
· Proficiency in Excel with an understanding of data management & GIS.
· Photogrammetric/LiDAR data processing experience a plus
· Use of Global Mapper software for data management and manipulation a plus
· Transport Canada Drone Pilot Certificate – Advanced Operations
· Proficient knowledge and experience with Leica RTK, Robotic Total Stations and related software (or similar brands/models).
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
· Position will be subject to pre-assess drug and alcohol screening
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive but to be determined based on experience.
Schedule: 8-10 hour shift (working locally), 10-12 hour shift (working remotely). Typical 5-day week, weekends off, but willing to work longer shifts or weekends on a case-by-case basis.
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Paid Christmas Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Vehicle and Related Expenses
- Cell Phone Allowance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Survey: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person