New Job Executive Director, Health Infrastructure In Saskatchewan
|Executive Director, Health Infrastructure|
Executive Director, Health Infrastructure
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $9,383–$12,198 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement is committed to high-quality project development and delivery that will support the people of Saskatchewan. The Ministry works collaboratively with the Ministry of Health and the Saskatchewan Health Authority to plan, procure, and deliver infrastructure projects.
The Health Infrastructure Branch in the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement has a one-year term opportunity (with a possibility of extension) for a decisive and results-oriented individual with extensive leadership experience. As the Executive Director, Health Infrastructure Branch, you will lead a team of professionals responsible for delivering on a number of major capital projects in the health sector, with a total project portfolio potentially exceeding $900 million.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership and direction to deliver large-scale, capital infrastructure projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders. This includes the Prince Albert Victoria Hospital Project and other health care projects across Saskatchewan;
- Planning, setting objectives, and controlling activities during all phases of the project, including leading and working closely with assigned project team members as well as developing individual work plans to ensure the project team is held accountable for responsibilities;
- Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and the Saskatchewan Health Authority project teams, and ensuring work plans are developed to reduce duplication and encourage efficient collaboration between the two organizations;
- Ensuring government decision makers are updated regularly on the progress, and have the ability to approve direction at key project milestones, as well as approve proposed changes (capital and programming); and
- Managing project budgets and oversee financial reporting related to the projects.
In order to be successful in this position, you will demonstrate:
- Strong project management skills and significant experience managing, organizing and orchestrating complex projects from inception through to project close-out;
- A visionary leader who is strategic, collaborative and innovative, with a history of achieving results;
- Ability to work collaboratively and build consensus with a diverse group of stakeholders with demonstrated success in moving key stakeholders to a positive resolution;
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain collaborative professional relationships, and demonstrated client focus.
You will have knowledge of:
- The infrastructure sector; and
- Project management principles and methodologies.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through the completion of a degree in Engineering, Architectural Sciences, Business, supplemented with extensive experience providing senior leadership direction in the design, project management, development, and execution of projects. A Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is an asset.
Regular travel to project locations will be required.