New Job Engineer 1-2 In New Brunswick
Company : Department of Environment and Local Government
Salary : $4,808–$6,424 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Department of Environment and Local Government
Contract / Secondment
Up to 1 year, with possibility of renewal
Flexible within New Brunswick
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Authorizations and Compliance Division is responsible for the administration and management of regulatory programs and activities as well as responding to inquiries and concerns from the public related to departmental programs and environmental emergencies. The division consists of the Authorizations Branch, Regional Operations and Compliance Branch, Waste Diversion Branch and the Source and Surface Water Management Branch.
Department of Environment and Local Government provides integrated stewardship through planning and management of land use, and waste management issues. It ensures effective enforcement of, and compliance with, environmental legislation and regulations and provides effective consultation and liaison with local governments and Rural Districts on governance issues.
What you will do?
As a member of the Permitting Team, you will be responsible for a variety of Sectors that are managed by the Branch and may include the following sectors: Municipal Wastewater, Drinking Water, Dredge Spoil Disposal, Composting, Fish Plants, Concrete Plants, Land Reclamation, Food & Beverage Processing, Asphalt Plants, Cremators, Net Washing, Construction & Demolition Debris Disposal, Bioremediation, Upstream Oil & Gas, Lumber and Allied Wood, Peat Moss Production, Fertilizer Plants, Septage Management, Hazardous/Biomedical Waste Management, Used Oil Management, Contaminated Site Management, Petroleum Storage Management, and Pesticides Management.
- Office location: Flexible within New Brunswick
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30 (office schedule)
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
You are open to new challenges, solution-oriented and able to work within a fast-paced team environment. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team working towards common goals. You are concerned for the safety and wellbeing of New Brunswickers.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
- Engineer 1: University degree in Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Mechanical or Environmental). The successful candidate must be able to register as a Member-in-Training with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick.
- Engineer 2: University degree in Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Mechanical or Environmental) and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience. The successful candidate must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate a good understanding of one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Environmental Regulations;
- Industrial processes;
- Water and wastewater distribution and treatment systems;
- Pollution prevention and control techniques;
- Petroleum storage management;
- Contaminated sites management; and
- Pesticides management.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- Valid driver's license;
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your resume.
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment;
- Information Seeking;
- Conceptual Thinking.
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge;
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and the Department's Policies and Procedures.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Engineer 1: $1,914.30 to $2,620.27 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week.
- Engineer 2: $2,404.10 to $3,212.07 bi-weekly, based on 36.25 hours per week.
The Department of Environment and Local Government Offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, optional health and dental plans, Life Insurance, and participation in the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan;
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- A departmental social committee; and
- A fitness facility (at Marysville Place) for employees at low cost.
- Remote Work can be discussed
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & safety.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we encourage applicants to apply on-line at: https://www.ere.gnb.ca or by email to [email protected] by July 25, 2023.
Department of Environment and
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups.
Let's connect. You belong here.