New Job Customer Service Representative In Saskatchewan
|Customer Service Representative|
Customer Service Representative
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $59,188–$65,255 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Corporate Financial Services
Department: Corporate Revenue
Term: 2 Permanent Full Time positions available.
Closing Date: 07/25/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under supervision of the CSR Supervisor, this position processes documents and responds to enquiries related to utility servicing and billing, property taxes, parking tickets and permits, booting and impounding of vehicles, general licences etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes applications, transfers and disconnection requests for utility services from customers at the counter, by telephone and through correspondence.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person enquiries regarding property taxes, e.g. levy calculations, legal descriptions, liens and tax certificate processing.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person customer enquiries and complaints regarding utility billing and related issues, such as Equalized Payment Plan and direct debit.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person customer enquiries and complaints regarding parking tickets.
- Processes business licence applications, responds to related enquiries, collects fees and issues licences in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responds to enquiries and complaints related to the Traffic, Animal Control and Noise Bylaws.
- Processes applications for parking permits.
- Assists with the training of new staff, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a business college
- Graduation from a one year, post-secondary business related program.
- Typing speed of 55 words per minute.
- Four years' progressively responsible experience resolving concerns of external customers and processing automated transaction data.
- Knowledge of office principles, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures such as bank reconciliation and ledger balancing.
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret various City bylaws and Provincial acts.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with customers.
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with Windows software.
Requires Security Check
Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) upon offer of employment.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $59,188.32 to $65,254.80 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].