New Job Construction Coordinator In Ontario
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $42.72–$46.81 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 39238
Job Category: Engineering & Technical
Division & Section: Corporate Real Estate Management, FM Civic Buildings
Work Location: 65 Front St. West (Base location: Union Station), 91 Front St E (St Lawrence Market Complex), 55 John St, Metro Hall
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent vacancy
Hourly Rate: $42.72 - $46.81
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 18-July-2023 to 08-Aug-2023
- Assists in establishing the scope, schedule, co-ordination and interfacing requirements of construction projects.
- Carries out project administration which includes coordinating with internal stakeholders and staff, external design consultants and construction contractors on work timing and methods, as well as interpreting and ensuring conformity with drawings and specifications.
- Monitors vendor work, regulating authorities and site conditions. Assists in maintaining project records including shop drawings, contract changes, deficiencies and warranties.
- Assists in the preparation of tenders, reports, Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotations (RFQ), and provides bid analysis. Checks work of construction contractors to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, City by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Reviews quotations, invoices, physical and financial progress of projects.
- Co-ordinates and attends site visits such as client, design and construction meetings to facilitate project delivery.
- Assists Project Manager with schedules for the planning, design, construction, maintenance and fit-up of City's facilities.
- Assists project manager with respect to investigating and responding to inquiries and/or complaints.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or Building Sciences; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience using applications including SAP, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computerized applications/systems.
- Considerable experience in the methods and techniques of project design and construction including construction contract administration, interpreting construction drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Experience preparing schedules, RFP, RFI's, construction reports, and maintaining financial records.
- Experience applying OBC (Ontario Building Code), OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act), and other applicable regulations.
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplined capital construction projects.
You must also have:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently, set priorities, plan and execute a variety of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of construction practices, materials and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Project Management Process and project coordination.
- Excellent writing skills and awareness of other communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan and execute a variety of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Ability to travel to various work locations throughout the City of Toronto.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
A Project Management Professional Certificate would be an asset.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.