New Job Comm O 18R - Communications Specialist In British Columbia
|COMM O 18R - Communications Specialist|
COMM O 18R - Communications Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $62,256–$70,558 a year
Location : British Columbia
Take a step to further your career in communications by joining this expert team
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC’s primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
This position is responsible for developing and delivering the communications program for the Fire Centre.
- Degree in a field related to communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent knowledge, plus 1 year recent related experience; or
- Technical diploma in a field related to communications, public relations, journalism, or equivalent knowledge, plus 3 years recent related experience; or
- Grade 12 plus 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Emergency response experience
Provisos /Willingness statement(s)
- Valid Class 5 driver licence
- To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures
- To keep current on emerging issues
- To take in-house training and certification as required
- To fly in aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) as required
- To work extended hours, including weekends, and be on standby with limited notice in accordance with the preparedness plan
- To travel and overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required
- To participate in Incident Command System positions as assigned
- To work under adverse or stressful conditions, including smoke, extreme heat and mountainous terrain in remote and isolated conditions
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement. Flexible work options may not be available during emergency operations response periods.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES - You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.