New Job Clk 15R - Office Manager In British Columbia
|CLK 15R - Office Manager|
CLK 15R - Office Manager
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $57,297–$64,805 a year
Location : British Columbia
Bring your administrative leadership to this fast paced environment in the South Vancouver Island region.
The Ministry of Children and Family Development has an exciting one-year temporary opportunity for an Office Manager. Reporting to a Director of Operations, the Office Manager will work in a busy team environment while being responsible for managing a large float team of Administrative staff who currently provide support to several teams of Social Workers.
The position will require a cross program understanding of Child Protection support functions, Resource (Foster and Out-of-Care), and Guardianship support work and supporting administrative staff to ensure that they are meeting expectations and accountabilities. Utilizing your good judgement and initiative, you oversee the support and effective organization of clerical, professional and excluded staff. As a key member of the team, you will supervise several staff in their assignment of work, development and evaluation of performance plans and approval of leave. Your strong service orientation and outgoing personality will be a positive asset to achieving goals in this high volume work environment.
You possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and sound judgment.
If you want to advance your leadership career, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience providing administrative and financial support services for a group of staff
- At least 2 years' experience leading others.
- At least 2 years' experience using standard office procedures.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- A Diploma/Certificate or some post-secondary courses in office administration.
- More than 6 months experience supervising staff and leading others.
- More than 6 months experience within the last 2 years providing administrative and financial support services for a group of staff.
- More than 6 months experience in records management including the storage, retrieval and destruction of records.
- More than 6 months experience providing financial functions (e.g. reconciliations, purchase card/petty cash management, CAS oracle, processing of invoices).
- Intermediate MS Excel skills.
- Experience with one or more of the following Ministry of Children and Family Development applications: Ministry Information System (MIS), Integrated Case Management System (ICM) and Time and Leave Management (TLAM).
- Recent (within the last 5 years) experience working with vulnerable children, families and caregivers.
- Who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
This is a temporary opportunity until July 26, 2024.
A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Occasional travel may be required; transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES - You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.