New Job Clerk A Csr In Manitoba
Under the direction of the Winnipeg Transit Plus Contact Centre Supervisor, the Winnipeg Transit Plus Customer Service Representative, while working as part of a service delivery team, is responsible for providing information and assistance to callers, front line transportation service requests to registered Winnipeg Transit Plus customers and assistance to contract service providers.
As the Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and emails from the public and customers, respond to their inquiries, and enter trip request information into the system as necessary and provide customers with information on Winnipeg Transit Plus policies, procedures and processes as required.
- Ensure accuracy of trip information by confirming scheduled trip requests and scheduled trip request details and adhere to special instructions relating to service delivery of individual customers.
- Record customer complaints, commendations and general inquiries in a courteous, informative, and empathetic manner while maintaining customer confidentiality at all times.
- Make outbound calls to cancel trips due to emergent situations such as extreme weather conditions or vehicle breakdowns, monitor schedule adherence of drivers to update customers on trip status, communicate with Team Leads regarding vehicle resources or special trip requests, and relay information between contractors and customers including trip cancellations and additions.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, taking special care in the communication of instructions to callers to minimize errors and ensuring comprehension by the caller.
- Assist with the monitoring of the Winnipeg Transit Plus service delivery system.
- Enforce/administer Winnipeg Transit Plus Cancellation and No-Show policies in an effort to reduce occurrences and collect on those with outstanding fees owing.
- Monitor client information systems making sure proper practices are followed relating to service use.
- Take credit card payments from customers on Fare Payment from Account (FPA) and provide information to customers regarding account balances.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the job description as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of one (1) year working experience in a customer service/office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to type accurately at 20 w.p.m.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency at a basic level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and windows-based applications.
- The ability to navigate customer information databases, use e-mail and internet, or the ability to quickly learn and utilize various customer information databases and applications in a multi-tasking environment.
- A demonstrated ability to listen effectively, speak clearly, calmly and professionally, while demonstrating appropriate and effective customer service skills during very stressful situations, always being courteous and tactful.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the City of Winnipeg street system, location of major health care institutions, post-secondary education facilities, shopping centres and major employment locations.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check with the Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts.